News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New GD trading policy

Started by rowjimmy, July 11, 2005, 09:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

yeah!! , F_  sharing!! :twisted:

p.s.: RJ- give me some time today to come up w/ some suggestions......(don't forget fall79!! :shock: !!)
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

---does this "new" policy only apply to bt.etree????

doesn't seem to apply to the archive. :?

>> there are still some shows available that are "official" releases--i.e. -dick picks, if its the aud source & not the SBD.

hopefully its just a etree thing...or maybe i should get on those aud.s while they're still putting this into action...

rowjimmy

you can be sure that more and more shows will disappear from the archive in time. they've already pulled shows slated for upcoming release (try looking for Veneta 72!)

jonyem

I'm all for the Dead making the money that they deserve, but do you think there will be more deadheads or less deadheads when you lose the free tradeable shows and have to buy the very thing that a "generation" before could get for free?

I find it interesting that Phish had losened thier policy, yet the Dead went the other way.

FUNKALOPE

I'm just glad I got as many goodies from archive.org as I did already. I kinda like collecting official releases anyways. Heck that's what I did before bootlegs, isn't it? Remember vinyl?
funkalope.

mopper_smurf

I don't care that much about the Dead. Selling ties was soooo cool ... Never trust a hippie, I say.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

jonyem

Quote from: mopper_smurfI don't care that much about the Dead. Selling ties was soooo cool ... Never trust a hippie, I say.

I'm sure if you had the opportunity, you'd sell out as well, but since you don't.....

VA $l!m

Quote from: mopper_smurfI don't care that much about the Dead. Selling ties was soooo cool ... Never trust a hippie, I say.

:shock:  :evil:  :evil:  :shock:  :?  :?  :( :(  :roll:  :roll:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^--slim, taking the higher ground.

sls.stormyrider

What does this mean for shows that were "partially" released? Does this mean all of the Europe 72 tour or the Fillmore 70 shows can't be traded?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VA $l!m

so far as i understand things, it just means that audience versions of shows are not tradeable if the SBD has been officially released.
*currently this is NOT even  true  on  archive.org  , where all shows that have been officially released are not available if they are the SBD, but are still available if they are an audience.* :?

the partially released show policy has  been a grey area in the past, depending on the amount of the show that was released and such, but for the most part partially released shows are still tradeable(SBDs included)--i.e. europe 72.

i think this announcement , more than what it actually says, is a possible warning shot of what is to come-which scares people, and it is probably no coincedence that it coincides w/ the recent official GD vault downloads releases starting up.
things could get schetchy in the future, and  i've already seen people comment on other sites that they would start a revolution if this sh-- continues to head in a direction of restricting trades--the basis of the whole listening community basically.

confusing , to say the least.
but i still have faith at this point, and in the mean time, my selfish ass is DLing as many shows as possible, --esp. the the higher profile ones that might get released.

jonyem

Well said Slim, I'm DLing what I can right now.
There's nothing wrong with making money on their shows, but offending their very base seems dangerous.