News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Operation Every Phish Show HDD BP and other Every Show Discussions...

Started by mbwoellert41, March 27, 2010, 09:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Yeah, the problem is the venue names may be slightly different, and my entries have the format gdXXXX-XX-XX, his are just XXXX-XX-XX

I can figure out how to truncate his, but removing the gd may be difficult.

kellerb

Quote from: mattstick on October 14, 2011, 08:42:55 PM

Yeah, the problem is the venue names may be slightly different, and my entries have the format gdXXXX-XX-XX, his are just XXXX-XX-XX

I can figure out how to truncate his, but removing the gd may be difficult.

yeah, if I knew how to do tricky truncates easily, that would make my excel life a breeze.

there's always the Replace "GD1" with "1" command

Lifeboy

Quote from: mattstick on October 14, 2011, 08:23:04 PM
So my collection has about 300 more unique entries than yours.

300 as in songs, right? That's still pretty close. Keep in mind, there are several shows I didn't bother to grab from 1965-1967.

I tried to exclude every official release, but there still may be a few in there...
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

runawayjimbo

You could probably use text to columns "=MID(A1,3,10)".

NERD!!
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mattstick

I removed all the multiple entries so that each show was a unique entry in your list. The total came to around 1250. There are about 1550 in my list.

I have a lot of AUDs from 94/95 in mine and all the official releases, but from looking at yours you're missing a stack of 92s and 93s to start.

I will try and generate a list of what you have that I don't and vice versa... Cool?

Lifeboy

Quote from: mattstick on October 14, 2011, 09:06:27 PM
I removed all the multiple entries so that each show was a unique entry in your list. The total came to around 1250. There are about 1550 in my list.

I have a lot of AUDs from 94/95 in mine and all the official releases, but from looking at yours you're missing a stack of 92s and 93s to start.

I will try and generate a list of what you have that I don't and vice versa... Cool?

Sounds good to me.

How are you going to go about generating that list?

Also, I've wondered this for a while, but why are there so many shows from 94/95 that don't circulate in SBD? One of my favorite segments from 95 is the VOTC > Foolish Heart from 1995-06-27, but there is no SBD in circulation that I'm aware of. Although there's an AUD of that show that sounds fantastic, I would kill to hear a SBD
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mattstick

Excel will generate the list.  Heather is using the computer now so I can't work on it for another hour or two, but it shouldn't be too hard.

John Cutler took over the board March '94 - I'm sure that is a factor but I don't have any other insight.

Lifeboy

Quote from: mattstick on October 14, 2011, 09:25:09 PM
Excel will generate the list.  Heather is using the computer now so I can't work on it for another hour or two, but it shouldn't be too hard.

John Cutler took over the board March '94 - I'm sure that is a factor but I don't have any other insight.

Word. Let me know and we'll get the ball rollin'.

I know the general consensus is 94/95 sucks, but I have found a bunch of shows to be quite enjoyable, and there are a few shows that I would kill to hear a sbd of.

With that being said, there are more trainwrecks than good shows, but I absolutely love several shows from that era.

and I know you feel the same way, Matt.

mattstick

There is only an AUD from the first set of my first show... Kind of annoying.

Lifeboy

Quote from: mattstick on October 14, 2011, 09:33:56 PM
There is only an AUD from the first set of my first show... Kind of annoying.

1994-08-01?

I guessed that bc I know that there is no circulating sbd of set I, and I remember you talking about that show before.

Wasn't sure if you were in attendance or not though.

mattstick

Yep. The AUD is nice and takes me back though.

Lifeboy

Yeah, I find one redeeming thing about there being several missing SBDs from that era is that most of the AUDs are quite good imo.

BUT that's another set I wished circulated in SBD, almost as much as 1995-06-27. TMNS is out of this world. LOVE that version.

I'm sure you are, but are you familiar with that VOTC > Foolish Heart? If you're not, or if you haven't listened to it in a while, I recommend giving it a spin.

It's fucking fantastic imo

mattstick

That Victim > Foolish and I are very tight.

mattstick

It's too late on Friday night to be working in Excel...

I'm out - but will resume tomorrow!

Lifeboy

Quote from: mattstick on October 14, 2011, 10:02:29 PM

It's too late on Friday night to be working in Excel...

I'm out - but will resume tomorrow!

Take your time, I'm in no hurry.

I do look forward to getting the ball rollin' and completing our collections though.   :beers: