News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RUSH Geeks rejoice!!

Started by PIE-GUY, April 08, 2010, 09:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DI

Quote from: caravan2001 on May 27, 2010, 02:26:10 AM
Quote from: DI on May 26, 2010, 05:18:43 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on April 15, 2010, 03:01:28 PM
Funny. Rush is a really divisive band in the music community. You either love 'em or you can't stand 'em. Being a Canadian and a drummer basically means I have to love 'em, but between you and me, I can't stand 'em. I say between you and me because, in Canada, Rush is enshrined in our constitution. Yeah, we have really strange constitutions up here, none of that second amendment rights bs. We have stuff like "whenever you hear Rush on the radio, you must cease all activity and commence headbanging and air drumming". Crazy eh!   
Nah, I'm a Canadian drummer and I don't care for them much at all. I actually don't think Rush is too big where I live (Vanc Island), probably more of an east coast thing.

I have a good friend on Vanc Island, lives on Hidden Plateau......It's awesome there....
Huh? Where's Hidden Plateau, I can't seem to find it on google maps.

kellerb

Quote from: DI on May 28, 2010, 06:18:02 PM
Funny. Rush is a really divisive band in the music community. You either love 'em or you can't stand 'em. Being a Canadian and a drummer basically means I have to love 'em, but between you and me, I can't stand 'em. I say between you and me because, in Canada, Rush is enshrined in our constitution. Yeah, we have really strange constitutions up here, none of that second amendment rights bs. We have stuff like "whenever you hear Rush on the radio, you must cease all activity and commence headbanging and air drumming". Crazy eh!   
Nah, I'm a Canadian drummer and I don't care for them much at all. I actually don't think Rush is too big where I live (Vanc Island), probably more of an east coast thing.

I have a good friend on Vanc Island, lives on Hidden Plateau......It's awesome there....

So its not just a clever name

Caravan2001

My bad...Forbidden Plateau...

http://islandmountainrides.com/riding-regions/forbidden-plateau/

he lives pretty far up north, he's a logger and works way up on the island...hoping to get up there this summer, maybe for the music festival if we can find the time....

Hicks

Hidden Plateau do make a mean ranch dressing though.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on May 28, 2010, 08:00:26 PM
Hidden Plateau do make a mean ranch dressing though.

That's Hidden Valley kid.....but you're right....

treyphanastasio

Saw rush live 2 years ago, blew my mind

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on May 28, 2010, 06:33:41 PM

So its not just a clever name

I think The Shitty Beatles are from there.  8-)
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

DI

Quote from: caravan2001 on May 28, 2010, 06:47:22 PM

he lives pretty far up north, he's a logger and works way up on the island...hoping to get up there this summer, maybe for the music festival if we can find the time....
Ah, I know where that is, right by the skiing, it's a great area. I live bout 2 hours south of there in Cowichan Valley. Which festival is this? The one at Providence Farms?

Caravan2001

Quote from: DI on May 29, 2010, 03:35:31 AM

Ah, I know where that is, right by the skiing, it's a great area. I live bout 2 hours south of there in Cowichan Valley. Which festival is this? The one at Providence Farms?
http://www.islandmusicfest.com/

Lineup this year is kind of meh so far, but they usually have a good lineup of bluegrass folks....So far all I see is Tony Trishcka, but it's supposed to be a great family festival....

khalpin

There's a serious lack of Rush-related posting in this thread.   :x

DI

Quote from: caravan2001 on May 29, 2010, 11:06:57 AM
Quote from: DI on May 29, 2010, 03:35:31 AM

http://www.islandmusicfest.com/

Lineup this year is kind of meh so far, but they usually have a good lineup of bluegrass folks....So far all I see is Tony Trishcka, but it's supposed to be a great family festival....
Oh, I've never been to that one, I usually just see the local ones.

khalpin

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

I've still got my baseball hat from the Signals tour (and two shirts) and my painters hat from Grace Under Pressure tour-- it glows in the dark!  I've also got the programs from the first three tours I saw.....Last time I went to Rush at MSG with my wife, there were HUGE lines for the men's room and no lines for Ladies...when do you ever see that?!?!

twatts

Rush just gave Rand Paul the Heisman...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill