News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vibes & More for our friend, WhyWeigh

Started by gah, August 11, 2010, 03:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

rj here, hijacking this post. Below is more information (so you don't have to sift through the entire thread.)

The most up-to-date fundraising news is just below...

En route to Telluride, Shawn aka whyweigh4.5 was in a head-on collision while driving alone about an hour outside of Denver on Kenosha Pass.  He drifted into oncoming traffic and clipped a minivan.  No one else was seriously injured.  He suffered broken ribs, a broken right hand, a broken pelvis and broken neck and swollen internal organs. He is presently out of the ICU at St. Anthony Hospital and his parents are with him in Denver.

Fundraiser info begins here:
Quote from: guyforget on August 19, 2010, 01:33:51 PM
I have set up an email address and paypal account for donations:

whyweighfundraiser@gmail.com

I will give shawn the passwords to both accounts so that he can monitor them.  the paypal account is not tied to any bank or credit account.  we can decide whether or not i should transfer funds to my account as we make purchases, or if we should just let him take the account over and buy what he wants, though i think that the initial gift of an ipad should be handled through me since i can go purchase it, take it to poofer for 1st sync on a mac, and deliver it to the hospital. 

I suppose that if people would like to donate w/out contributing to the ipad fund, they could continue to paypal him directly. 

Next week i will work w/ pp'er phishdisc to get his auction software running on my server.  after that we can start arranging auctions for prints that people would like to donate.  unless we decide that the exposure that we can get on ebay is still worth eating the fees....

also, to elaborate on a conversation that undermind and i are having -

once we have a centralized point of information such as a site w/ private auctions, etc, (which i will begin working on soon) i will distribute the link to other communities and info sites like phish.net to try to increase exposure.

INFO ON HOW TO DONATE A PRINT / ITEM TO BE AUCTIONED:
Quote from: guyforget on August 19, 2010, 03:44:44 PM
new ebay user: auctionsforshawn

INFO ON HOW TO DONATE A PRINT / ITEM TO BE AUCTIONED:

you will email me at whyweighfundraiser@gmail.com

the subject of your email NEEDS to be the artist last name and the name of the print - for example: Stout Telluride or Danger And I Need Sunny Days.  this is important so that i can stay organized as i will need to forward the shipping info back to you so that you can send the print to the winning bidder. 

i am thinking that all auctions need to offer free DOMESTIC USA shipping.  this way i dont have to paypal money that i collect for shipping to the individuals who will actually be shipping the prints.  this means that the people who donate the prints will be resposible for the expense of shipping.  is this a bad idea?  how else could we handle it without having all prints sent to me for redistribution?  international winners should be charged and i will forward the funds to the person who donated to cover shipment. 

in any event, it will be YOUR responsibility to ship the print via USPS Priority Mail w/ insurance for the full purchase price as well as delivery confirmation. 

your email needs to contain the following information, plugged into my template so i can simple copy and paste from the email:

Print Title:
Artist:
Edition:
Signed / Numbered:
Dimensions:
Condition / Explain any damage:
Special Notes:

one or two photos of the print / item need to be attached to the email.  they should be sized appropriately for ebay, say 600 pixels on the long edge

A huge thanks to Guyforget for stepping up to this task.

Also, please recognize the PhishPosters community of which WW has long been an active member. They are also getting involved to help our mutual friend and have a thread dedicated to this matter here. (You must be a member to access their boards.)

Whether you are able to help out financially or not, please send out major vibes to our photographer-in-chief.

Thanks.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VA $l!m

Quote from: goodabouthood on August 11, 2010, 03:11:22 PM
Hey man, anyone else heard from Shawn (whyweigh) recently?

I got a text from him late last night/early am saying:

"No telluride for me. Was in a bad accident. At Denver hospital."

I texted back but haven't heard anything since.

Wishing you a speedy recovery buddy, whatever happened....

wow. prayerz.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PIE-GUY

Quote from: goodabouthood on August 11, 2010, 03:11:22 PM
Hey man, anyone else heard from Shawn (whyweigh) recently?

I got a text from him late last night/early am saying:

"No telluride for me. Was in a bad accident. At Denver hospital."

I texted back but haven't heard anything since.

Wishing you a speedy recovery buddy, whatever happened....

that's not good. Let's hope for a speedy recovery, for sure...

>>>>>>>VIBES<<<<<<<<<
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Ouch. WTU got a similar txt it seems. He was just asking me if I'd heard anything.

Hope he's ok.

mbw

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

Undermind

Shit...I hope he's alright.

>>>>>>>VIBES<<<<<<<<<
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Buffalo Budd

That totally sucks.  WW cannot catch a break, some serious bad luck.
Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sophist

Quote from: Undermind on August 11, 2010, 03:38:54 PM
Shit...I hope he's alright.

>>>>>>>VIBES<<<<<<<<<

I texted him about forty minutes ago, no response as of yet.  If I hear something I will let y'all know. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mistercharlie

Man, if it wasn't for bad luck Shawn would have no luck at all.  :shakehead:

>>>>>>>>>positive vibes sent<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hope your O.K. man!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Fuck, that seriously sucks. 

We're all pulling for you Shawn.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.