News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Whyweigh fundraisers thread

Started by guyforget, August 20, 2010, 12:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyforget

Im making a new thread because fundraiser information gets kind of lost in the 15 page well-wishes thread. 

As most of us know, our friend Shawn, who goes by whyweigh on this forum and others, was seriously injured in a car accident on his way to Telluride.  He has a broken neck, pelvis, and hand.  He is stuck in a Denver hospital, but he's from Pennsylvania, about an hour outside of Pittsburgh.  The original thread is here. 

Of course, this is not Shawn's first brush w/ serious medicinal issues, back in 2003 he was diagnosed w/ Relapsing Polychondritis, a condition that he continues to deal with today, and which is probably at least partly responsible for the severity of his injuries sustained in this crash, due to brittle bones caused by side-effects of high doses of prednisone.

Many people have expressed wishes to be able to auction a print or donate to his cause, so I have set this up. 

Our fundraiser efforts will first focus on getting him some sort of online access, and I think that an iPad or a netbook is a good place to start.  He cant really get up out of bed, and he has a cast on his right arm so he needs something light and easily maneuvered. 

This account has been closed, please do not send any payments.  If you would like to donate directly to the get-shawn-online campaign, I have set up a paypal address: whyweighfundraiser@gmail.com - you can paypal direct to that email address. This account has been closed, please do not send any payments.

If you would like to send Shawn money directly for him to  use as he wishes, you can send it to him @ whyweigh@hotmail.com

If you would like to donate a print to be auctioned off with all proceeds being donated to the fundraiser, I have set up an ebay account for this - auctionsforshawn. 

To donate a print, you will email me at whyweighfundraiser@gmail.com with the following information:

The subject of your email NEEDS to be the artist last name and the name of the print - for example: Stout Telluride or Danger And I Need Sunny Days.  This is important so that I can stay organized as I will need to forward the shipping info back to you so that you can send the print to the winning bidder. 

I am thinking that all auctions need to offer free DOMESTIC USA shipping.  This way I dont have to paypal money that I collect for shipping to the individuals who will actually be shipping the prints.  This means that the people who donate the prints will be resposible for the expense of shipping.  Is this a bad idea?  How else could we handle it without having all prints sent to me for redistribution?  International winners should be charged and I will forward the funds to the person who donated to cover shipment. 

In any event, it will be YOUR responsibility to ship the print via USPS Priority Mail w/ insurance for the full purchase price as well as delivery confirmation. 

Your email needs to contain the following information, plugged into my template so I can simply copy and paste from the email:

Print Title:
Artist:
Edition:
Signed / Numbered:
Dimensions:
Condition / Explain any damage:
Special Notes:

One or two photos of the print / item need to be attached to the email.  They should be sized appropriately for ebay, say 600 pixels on the long edge.
-AD_

G. Augusto

Just sent you an email, Allen.

My first and only print.
Bought by my brother (bunkster) for an early house-warming gift for my wife and I.

Print Title: Phish Saratoga Springs I 10 Pollock - 1st
Artist: Pollock
Edition: 1st
Signed / Numbered: 701/1100
Dimensions: 26 x 10
Condition / Explain any damage: Tiny grease spot in the top right hand corner (on most/all? of the prints)
Special Notes: For Shawn's fundraiser

DoW

I hate when I forget my paypal password.
I need to paypal some other money too this weekend so will be sending some money along.

thaks for setting this up and thanks to aug and everyone else who contributes.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

blatboom

hot nail polish, guy!

(sweet contribution, too)

G. Augusto

Pretty sure a frame covers up that spot....

justjezmund

Quote from: blatboom on August 20, 2010, 08:14:31 PM
hot nail polish, guy!

(sweet contribution, too)

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

yeah, sweet print it will sell.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

guyforget

Quote from: G. Augusto on August 20, 2010, 07:26:11 PM
My first and only print.
Bought by my brother (bunkster) for an early house-warming gift for my wife and I.

im awed by your generosity, g. 

-AD_

guyforget

also, i will list the first round of prints tomorrow. 

we have around $350 in cash donations in the paypal account, im guessing this isnt enough for an ipad.... 
-AD_

ytowndan

Thanks for setting all this up, guy!  -K (since someone messed up your count).   :wink:
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

postjack

e-mail sent.

Print Title: Alpine Valley 2009 Night 1
Edition: 1st, purchased at show
Signed / Numbered: 612/1000
Dimensions: 25 11/16" x 9 1/4" including frame
Condition / Explain any damage: NM, framed
Special Notes: Professionally framed

Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

tet

Quote from: postjack on August 21, 2010, 10:19:06 AM
e-mail sent.

Print Title: Alpine Valley 2009 Night 1
Edition: 1st, purchased at show
Signed / Numbered: 612/1000
Dimensions: 25 11/16" x 9 1/4" including frame
Condition / Explain any damage: NM, framed
Special Notes: Professionally framed

well, now i know what i'm going to have to bid on... 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

postjack

Print Title: Charlottesville 2009
Artist: Aesthetic Apparatus
Edition: 1st, bought at show
Signed / Numbered: 253/650
Dimensions: 18" / 24"

I didn't email this one, because it has some water damage and I'd rather not open it up to the teaming masses on eBay (meaning I would hate for someone to try to return it, then guyforget has to deal with that bullshit, etc).  I had it laid out on my writing desk, and one of these days this summer when it rained really hard I had a leak in my roof and some rainwater dripped on it.  Now to my eyes there is NO coloration damage whatsoever, the print looks great in this sense.  However there is some crinkling going on as you can see in the picture.  I think that if you got it to lay flat in a frame it would look fine.  But hey, I could be wrong. 

As such I'd rather just give this away lottery style, and if you like it, consider making a donation to Shawn for whatever you think its worth.  So if you are interested send me a PM and I'll throw some names in a hat and pull out the winna'.  I'll cover domestic shipping to you, international 'paugers we can work something out.

Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

rowjimmy

I do like that C-Ville poster. Already copped one or I'd be making an offer. The water damage doesn't look too bad.

Oh and props to all of you guys for your donations. I don't have any of value to throw in so I'm gonna send in what's left of my allowance until next payday.

cimsm

Print Title: Burgettstown - 06.18.09
Artist: Jamie Huntsman
Edition: 1st
Signed / Numbered: 7 / 40
Dimensions: 12 x 24.5
Condition / Explain any damage: Mint
Special Notes:

blatboom