News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jerry and Merl 1974-11-05...new fresh 24 bit transfer. An amazing recording.

Started by Superfreakie, January 06, 2011, 12:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

This is an amazing recording by the master, now we have a fresh 24 bit and 16 bit transfer. Read the back story of the recording (I've included it just below). Incredible that this quality of aud was pulled back in '74.
http://www.shnflac.net/details.php?id=9184a411bc37d4eef784a4f6aea29a2e3b7e41fb
QuoteGarcia & Saunders
1974-11-05 early
The Bottom Line, NYC

<<24 bit>>

source: aud cassette master
taped by Jerry Moore
akg d1000e's>sony tc-152/b

nak dragon/b>tascam hd-p2 24/96>
adobe audition 2.0>cd wave>tlh flac 8

01 - tuning
02 - That's The Touch I Like
03 - Favela
04 - He Ain't Give You None
05 - You Can Leave Your Hat On
06 - Second That Emotion
07 - La-La
08 - Mystery Train
09 - Money Honey
tt: 116:11

notes: money honey missing on previously circulating transfer

from The Jerry Site - Harvey Lubar remembers:

"As some of you might know, Jerry Moore and I were real close when we were in college together but drifted apart afterwards. Nothing major, just life. So, here's a quick story: Jerry and I went to the Bottom Line on 11/5/74 to see the early show. The tables were perpendicular to the stage and we had the first two seats on each side of the table, right by the center of the stage. When Garcia came out, I mentioned to Jerry that Garcia was starting to gray. Jerry looked at him (his ankles were 3 feet away from us) and nodded in agreement. We had never been so close to him before. Jerry then took his mics out and actually put them on the stage for a few seconds while rearranging his bag. Garcia stared at Jerry with total disbelief (his eyes actually widened) but he didn't say a word. Then the show began. Another great recording by Mr. Moore."

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Caravan2001

Bitchin :banana:, thanks forth heads up.....I always have a soft spot for Jerry Moore sources....cool story by Harvey too.....Hells Honkies 4-eVAH!

Igbo

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

ytowndan

I rocked this the other night and loved it!  Thanks for the heads up!  :clap:
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.