News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd 2 - Bowie - (1) 12-29-94 vs. (3) 11-26-94

Started by runawayjimbo, July 26, 2012, 12:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Round #2 - David Bowie Final

(1) 12-29-1994 - Providence Civic Center - Providence, RI

vs.

(3) 11-26-1994 - The Orpheum Theatre - Minneapolis, MN

POLL CLOSES: Wednesday, 8/1, 10pm EST
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

PIE-GUY

What's that, girl? There's a fire at the old barn?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

natronzero

Very tough choice.
Minneapolis contains a few awe-inspiring jams and offers a really transparent glimpse of the band communicating and reacting to each other in the moment. It feels a little more spontaneously generated, but has a sloppier composed section and feels kind of like a rough draft of Providence.
Providence goes to similarly awe-inspiring places and feels more polished.
Providence wins by a nose.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

khalpin

Providence....it's just too good.  I think it'll probably win this whole competition.

Glad I took the time to give them a head-to-head.  Still came up with the same decision, but it sure is a great way to spend an hour and 15 minutes.

susep

I can see Providence giving Mike's MSG a run for its $$$

VDB

Heading into this tournament I thought this matchup was going to be a tougher call than it turned out to be. That fact demonstrates the sheer enormity of Providence. It's nearly untouchable.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

runawayjimbo

I love Orpheum. It definitely feels a little more raw and organic to me (especially when you listen back-to-back). And some of the segments in it get me moving as much as any of the other great jams in this tourney. But Providence is just insane from top to bottom, so I did what I had to do. Not that it mattered, Providence in a landslide.

Providence Bowie vs. Albany YEM. Shit the next round is gonna be tough.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 31, 2012, 04:40:27 AM
Providence.

I had to go providence too.  Although one time mistercharlie & I were cruising back from some show (IU, Gordo?) and the orph bowie snuck up on random and destroyed us.  Thank God it was the FTA version and shapiro came on to tell us what it was.

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on August 01, 2012, 11:19:37 PM
Providence.

I had to go providence too.  Although one time mistercharlie & I were cruising back from some show (IU, Gordo?) and the orph bowie snuck up on random and destroyed us.  Thank God it was the FTA version and shapiro came on to tell us what it was.

Yup, I remember that. At one point I wasn't even sure we were listening to a Bowie. (and it was the Gordo show at IU)
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 01, 2012, 10:36:21 PM

Providence Bowie vs. Albany YEM. Shit the next round is gonna be tough.

bye bye Albany YEM :evil:

VDB

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 02, 2012, 04:37:01 AM
Quote from: kellerb on August 01, 2012, 11:19:37 PM
Providence.

Yup, I remember that. At one point I wasn't even sure we were listening to a Bowie. (and it was the Gordo show at IU)

I guess y'all had fun at the show that night.  :police:
Is this still Wombat?