News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/05 - SPAC - Saratoga Springs, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, July 05, 2013, 11:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Oh man.  I have to give it to Trey, he's trying.  Light is rough though, lots of sour notes before it settles into a cool little segment that builds nicely.  Overall a decent version.  Mike fucking owns the Light jam.  Def saves it. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Insert Beer

MkDevo is fucking amazing, new Mike song ain't bad:

Just realized people are calling him MK6 in comments  :laugh:

sunrisevt

Quote from: sophist on July 06, 2013, 11:33:54 AM
Energy sounded good. I liked the segue into Light.  I would've loved to see Energy taken out for a ride for its FTP. 

Roger that. The song itself didn't do much for me but the jam had potential.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

sophist

Quote from: sunrisevt on July 06, 2013, 11:50:32 AM
Quote from: sophist on July 06, 2013, 11:33:54 AM
Energy sounded good. I liked the segue into Light.  I would've loved to see Energy taken out for a ride for its FTP. 

Roger that. The song itself didn't do much for me but the jam had potential.
If it counts for anything, that Light actually did more than I was expecting.  The mid section with the syncopation of off beats was actually pretty cool.  Kinda sloppy segue into Mango. 

Of the choice cuts from this show, they sound better than Bangor.  I'm interested to see what drops tonight. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hicks

Quote from: sophist on July 06, 2013, 11:40:15 AM
Oh man.  I have to give it to Trey, he's trying.  Light is rough though, lots of sour notes before it settles into a cool little segment that builds nicely.  Overall a decent version.  Mike fucking owns the Light jam.  Def saves it.

And then a big ole horse force into Mango.  It's frustrating because I felt like there was a sick segue lurking in there but Trey shows no patience to develop these types of transitions anymore.  Le sigh. 

Drowned> Slave was pretty sweet, best Slave I've heard in a while. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

antelope19

Reading this makes me happy. Can't really ask for much more. Eventually, he'll get it.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sophist

Right.  Just when they got to "it" they fall back on bad habits.  Unique 46 days- the breakdown in it is worth checking out. 

Hicks

Quote from: sophist on July 06, 2013, 11:58:11 AM
Right.  Just when they got to "it" they fall back on bad habits.  Unique 46 days- the breakdown in it is worth checking out.

The segue into Steam was legit, don't remember Steam going anywhere though. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

antelope19

Quote from: shoreline99 on July 06, 2013, 11:57:12 AM
Mr. Miner says it was the best show of 3.0. Fluffer.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

It could very well be the best of 3.0. That could only mean we're in for an unbelievable tour, right guys?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sophist

When the bulk of the competition is shit sandwiches, sure, that's plausible. 

VA $l!m

Quote from: Hicks on July 06, 2013, 11:55:51 AM

And then a big ole horse force into Mango.  It's frustrating because I felt like there was a sick segue lurking in there but Trey shows no patience to develop these types of transitions anymore.  Le sigh. 

Drowned> Slave was pretty sweet, best Slave I've heard in a while.

yeah slave was solid.
Quote from: Hicks on July 06, 2013, 11:59:07 AM

...and back to the only thing worth discussing--

--the first few minutes of Steam had me stoked. the funk was THERE. the band can completely still get "IT" going... but then the TREY-MIND-FUCK-WHALE  experiment starts and its over.

seriously, Trey is just playing with people... not a surprise, i've known this since i started seeing shows... Trey has always been about fucking with people's heads. For some gawd forsaken reason he thinks taking a super groovy funk jam and turning it into whale vomit is enterntainment, or art, or some shit.
fuck you trey.

.besides all that i think they are sounding great!  :-D
:phish: :music: :rockout: :banana: :wtu: :tte: :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mbw

steam is straightforward, but dark, groovy and intense.
my fav jam of the night methinks.

anthrax

enjoying Energy right now.  hopefully this song will go to some good places by the time PhishDicks rolls around.

VA $l!m

Quote from: mbw on July 06, 2013, 12:47:14 PM

steam is straightforward, but dark, groovy and intense.
my fav jam of the night methinks.

yeah, it got me up and dancing in the dark of my room, which isnt easy these days, lol.
if it hadnt been for the whale i might have started driving up to Saratoga last night!

ser. tho, i hadnt heard a funk groove like the begninning of that sound so in tact in along while.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-