News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

A Song of Ice and Fire Thread

Started by GBL, July 13, 2013, 01:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

I'm actually looking forward to more stories involving the Iron Islands and Dorne

Through the 1st three books they've seemed mysterious places to me because grrm barely talked about them
If this is love, I'm never going home..

blatboom

3rd time through aCoK but I choked up hard at the final paragraph. overall it's much better than I remember it being

At the edge of the wolfswood, Bran turned in his basket for one last glimpse of the castle that had been his life.  . . . it was hard to tell that the castle had been sacked and burned at all.  The stone is strong, Bran told himself, the roots of the trees go deep, and under the ground the Kings of Winter sit their thrones.  So long as those remained, Winterfell remained.  It was not dead, just broken.  Like me, he thought.  I'm not dead either.

mehead

Just got the series in the mail the other day.  The wifey ordered them.  Gotta start reading this shit ASAP!
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

blatboom

GBL

As usual, loving #4 so far

Seems as though the chapters are a little longer in affc

Really, just an observation

rowjimmy

So, you guys have seen this, right?

Pretty funny, imo.

Well, last night in San Diego, (at a SDCC related event known as W00tstock) Paul & Storm were playing that song when George R. R. Martin came out on stage.

Yep. Then Neil Gaiman came out and extracted an apology, of sorts from the musicians.

Neil wrote this: some time ago:

QuoteGeorge R.R. Martin is not your bitch.
Full post here.

rowjimmy

Bonus shot of Martin & Gainman backstage:

blatboom

newest essay on Tower of the Hand regarding Tyrion's parentage in light of new revelations in aDwD

http://towerofthehand.com/blog/2013/07/17-sins-of-the-father/index.html

as far as the theory goes I've been on board for a while, but it's nice to have someone thoroughly lay it all out there with cited evidence

rowjimmy

That's a pretty compelling essay.

blatboom

he's great, I highly recommend the series of essays he wrote post-Feast

http://towerofthehand.com/essays/ghostlovesinger/feast/

GBL

So I finished feast last night....

GBL

If I chopped up affc into quarters, the 3rd might be my favorite part of any of the books.

My biggest problem with the book, however, is that there are SO MANY cliffhangers (Sam, Arya and Cersei specifically) and now I have to wait for book #7 for their stories to continue?

:frustrated:

rowjimmy

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: GBL on July 28, 2013, 04:58:31 PM
If I chopped up affc into quarters, the 3rd might be my favorite part of any of the books.

My biggest problem with the book, however, is that there are SO MANY cliffhangers (Sam, Arya and Cersei specifically) and now I have to wait for book #7 for their stories to continue?

:frustrated:

LOL.
Of all the storylines contained therein, didn't you know the last one would be you waiting interminably for rest of the story?

Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

GBL

Arya goes blind, and then nothing for years??

Sweet