News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Eagles Thread

Started by runawayjimbo, September 10, 2013, 09:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Hicks on November 17, 2013, 04:58:23 PM
Oh look who's at the top of the (crappy) division today?

Please, Hicks, we prefer "B League" or "junior varsity." Show your boy some respect.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Hicks

Just saying they are still in it!

As long as the Cowboys keep sucking and I don't see how anyone could hope against that. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Congrats!

And fuck the Cowboys. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Philadelphia: where they boo injured people.

Jimbo, defend these Neanderthals.
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

And another year goes by without an Eagles Superbowl
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

twatts

Saw the new Hardees/Terrell Owens "Philly" commercial on TV today...  Pretty funny...

http://www.marketmenot.com/hardees-terrell-owens-all-the-love-hold-the-hate-commercial/

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

PIE-GUY

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on January 04, 2014, 09:26:41 PM

Seriously.  Every time, too.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

Quote from: antelope19 on January 04, 2014, 11:20:21 PM

Of as I like to call it, all is right with the world.
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on January 04, 2014, 11:27:18 PM

Of as I like to call it, all is right with the world.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Same shit, different year

antelope19

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

khalpin

runawayjimbo

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on January 04, 2014, 09:26:41 PM

A couple things on that:

1. That seemed to me to be more of a reaction to the perception that the NO defense was faking injuries to slow down the Eagles offense. Now, I don't believe any of the Saints players were doing that, but that did happen to us throughout the season (most notably against the Raiders and Cardinals, iirc). So I think this was just more than an expression of that frustration rather than a booing of an injured player (Michael Irvin, one of the most hated opponents in Eagles history, was a boo; a no-name Saints CB had less do to with him than the situation).

2. In week 5 when the Eagles were playing the Giants at the Meadowlands, Michael Vick went down and...got booed, loudly! No mention of that on the broadcast at the time and certainly not in the national media following the game. But I'm pretty fucking tired of people acting like this is a strictly Philadelphia phenomenon.

3. If you boo an injured player, you are an complete asshole and I would never defend a shitbag like that.

I feel pretty good about our position in the division going forward. How bout you?

Finally, watching Fat Andy waddle off the field after dropping a 28 pt lead 2nd half lead was almost enough to offset the pain of watching the Birds lose. Two images will be ingrained on my brain for a while: watching racist Riley Cooper drop that ball coming across the middle with NOBODY around him, and Alex Smith calling a TO coming out of the 2 min warning. Genius, Andy, pure genius.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

VDB

Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 06, 2014, 09:27:33 AM
1. That seemed to me to be more of a reaction to the perception that the NO defense was faking injuries to slow down the Eagles offense.

Maybe the fans were thinking that, but are they doctors? Keenan Lewis got taken to the locker room and wasn't allowed back in the game. So, in the absence of being certain, you end up risking booing legitimately injured people.

Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 06, 2014, 09:27:33 AM
2. In week 5 when the Eagles were playing the Giants at the Meadowlands, Michael Vick went down and...got booed, loudly! No mention of that on the broadcast at the time and certainly not in the national media following the game. But I'm pretty fucking tired of people acting like this is a strictly Philadelphia phenomenon.

I don't generally hold NY/NJ fans in high regard when it comes to compassion and class, either... And for the record, are you saying the booing was mentioned during the broadcast Saturday night? I don't remember hearing any acknowledgment of it.
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Keenan Lewis is hardly a "No-Name CB" if you've been paying attention this year.

And to answer your question about the division, I am optimistic.  New regime, 36 million in cap space, a TERRIBLE division. 

Remember that time a new offense took the league by storm for a season, then coaches had an off season to view tape and scheme for it?  Yeah, talk to me next year.  I have nothing but respect for Chip Kelly at this point.  He's done a hell of a job with a solid core of players that Andy Reid assembled.  We'll see how Matt Barkley and the rest of that draft pan out.  I do think Ertz is gonna be a monster going forward.