News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/20 - Hampton Coliseum - Hampton, VA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Hicks, October 20, 2013, 11:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmar

This is the only night worth listening to. Trey put the whale to rest for the most part which made for interesting playing. Setlist was a lil predictable, but the quality was there.

If you're scoring this one at home: Phish-1, Tour-3......
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

emay

barnesy305

The crowd last night was the best one I've personally witnessed in years, possibly since they've come back.

Hicks

Tweezer> Golden Age> Piper> Taking Care of Business is the confirmed real deal.   

Moar plz, k thnx bai. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

glad they pulled out a winner for every1 that made it thru the run. :beerbang:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

fastfingers12

I planned on listening to this show at work this morning, but left my headphones! I'll have to wait until this evening. Looks solid.
That's a hundred nineteen to you and me

blatboom

I just don't understand why that can't play like that every night when they're clearly capable

mbw

this tweezer is indeed money.
i was skeptical at first, mostly on treys ability to come up with anything new as he whaled away.
then all of a sudden...
some nasty psychedelic fall phish improv.
well done.

antelope19

Quote from: blatboom on October 21, 2013, 12:19:39 PM
I just don't understand why that can't play like that every night when they're clearly capable

This

Hell, I would take every other night at this point. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sophist

1st set def has some whale'd out moments (Roses, 46 Days, parts of Divided Sky), but overall pretty good.  A lot tighter in terms of playing than night one and two.  I'm interested to see how this second set sounds, as it's got quite the level of praise on the internets today. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hicks

Quote from: blatboom on October 21, 2013, 12:19:39 PM

Freal, I hate to say it but a set like this just highlights how unsatisfying the first two nights were for me.   

Even here Trey's playing during Sand is basically unlistenable.

I don't get how he can bring the goods for the entire set and then play donkey piss like that. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mehead

The Tweezer had a "soundcheck jam" feel to me - if that makes sense.  Totally dug it.  I thought GA sucked up until the jam.  They were sleepwalking through it - I almost skipped it thinking there was no way a decent jam was going to materialize.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

emay

sophist

Golden Age is awesome as well. 

Honestly though, they lose me after this. 

I would have much rather seen

Paul & Silas > Tweezer -> Golden Age -> Piper > Slave

Encore:  ADITL > Taking Care of Business

Keep it simple, keep it improv focused.  The first half of the set is some of the better 3.0 playing out there.