News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/21 - Santa Barbara Bowl - Santa Barbara, CA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by runawayjimbo, October 22, 2014, 12:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

10-21-2014
Santa Barbara Bowl
Santa Barbara, CA

I: Stash, Possum, Ocelot, NICU, Back on the Train, Limb by Limb, Waiting All Night, Yarmouth Road, When the Circus Comes to Town, Heavy Things, Stealing Time from the Faulty Plan

II:  Chalk Dust Torture ~> Ghost > Birds of a Feather, Wombat, Tweezer > Julius, Piper > Wading in the Velvet Sea, Suzy Greenberg

E:  Boogie On Reggae Woman, Tweezer Reprise

via Phish.net
Mike teased Paint It Black before Heavy Things.  Suzy contained the alternate lyric "I wish you'd look at me before you count off the song!" from Fishman

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

There are some excellent looking FOB sources on bt.etree this morning...

VDB

Something about a lot of these Chalk Dust jams makes them, I dunno, not so discernible even though they are certainly not bad.

Also, don't sleep on this 11-minute Tweezer.
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

Fishman calling Trey out during Suzy? Trey acknowledging his own ripcord?  Sounds like there may have been some tensions on stage last night...
Bring in the dude!

gah

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 22, 2014, 12:54:21 PM
Fishman calling Trey out during Suzy? Trey acknowledging his own ripcord?  Sounds like there may have been some tensions on stage last night...

there's always tension on stage....and release....

ahhhh.....

:-P
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Superfreakie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 22, 2014, 12:54:21 PM
Sounds like there may have been some tensions on stage last night...

I'm not sure exactly what I witnessed last night on stage, other than it was weird and awkward.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Augustus

mbw

Superfreakie

Quote from: mbw on October 22, 2014, 03:56:22 PM
What did trey say?  don't make me listen.

There were all sorts of call outs that didn't seem so humorous. One mangled BOAF jam that was so abrupt, they stopped, Trey says something about like "anybody else think that was weird", then uncomfortable silence, then Page strikes up a baseball banter to sort of gloss it over, asking the fans what team they were going for and the audience cheers for each team, this deep in the middle of the second set, then Trey pipes up again with "and who wanted that jam to end"? It was fucked. Then the whole Trey playing Julius and ending the Tweezer jam that the rest of the band were having nothing of, a "you guys fucked my BOAF, well, I'm going to fuck your Tweezer". Then they mangle the start to Suzy cause Trey is off in his own land, so in the beginning of the song, right after neurologist, Fishman yells something like, I wish you'd look at me when you'd count the song or something.....it's fucked. Also the same thing happened to start BOAF. Look, they are unpracticed, and it is obvious as fuck. And they're not pulling it off. Period. Seattle had the same problems, although to a lesser degree. To be honest, you should listen to it as I have never heard anything like it come from them.

mbw

Quote from: Superfreakie on October 22, 2014, 04:24:31 PM
Quote from: mbw on October 22, 2014, 03:56:22 PM
What did trey say?  don't make me listen.

There were all sorts of call outs that didn't seem so humorous. One mangled BOAF jam that was so abrupt, they stopped, Trey says something about like "anybody else think that was weird", then uncomfortable silence, then Page strikes up a baseball banter to sort of gloss it over, asking the fans what team they were going for and the audience cheers for each team, this deep in the middle of the second set, then Trey pipes up again with "and who wanted that jam to end"? It was fucked. Then the whole Trey playing Julius and ending the Tweezer jam that the rest of the band were having nothing of, a "you guys fucked my BOAF, well, I'm going to fuck your Tweezer". Then they mangle the start to Suzy cause Trey is off in his own land, so in the beginning of the song, right after neurologist, Fishman yells something like, I wish you'd look at me when you'd count the song or something.....it's fucked. Also the same thing happened to start BOAF. Look, they are unpracticed, and it is obvious as fuck. And they're not pulling it off. Period. Seattle had the same problems, although to a lesser degree. To be honest, you should listen to it as I have never heard anything like it come from them.

ooooh, that sounds good.  gonna listen now.