News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2014/12/31 - AmericanAirlines Arena - Miami, Florida - Post Show Discussion

Started by VDB, January 01, 2015, 11:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Set 1:
Sample, Wedge, 555, Heavy Things, Wolfman's, Halfway to the Moon, Bouncing, KDF, Train Song, Waiting All Night, Axilla, ASIHTOS

Set 2:
BOAF, Ghost > Theme -> Cities, CDT, Martian Monster

Set 3:
Dem  Bones > Auld Lang Syne > The Dogs > Tweezer > Simple > LxL, Bug, BDTNL, The Horse > Silent, Julius

E:
Golgi, Tweeprise

Thread by popular demand.

Enjoyed meeting up pre show with GBL, BM, SF, WTU, SVT, KOP. How was Hooters, guys?  :sbw:

Spent the first two sets up high Page side. The sound was kinda poor to my ears (volume and quality), and it seemed Trey was a little out of sync. First set was mostly a throwaway, but we all know how that goes.

Second set - Ghost was high quality, good parts of Theme I think, Cities was cool, and Martian Monster ended on a high note.

Moved down to behind the stage for the third set. Gag was meh but I didn't come down here for the gag. Tweezer had brilliant moments. Then Bug, while a good tune, is the kind of song that if not handled properly can throw a set off the track, as happened here and BDTNL sealed it. They limped home from there.

All in all, it was fun with some real strong highlights but the flow seemed too often forced or misdirected.
Is this still Wombat?

Marmar

How about Trey? I think he was pretty on-point considering the layoff.....also, I think it was kinda special that he was on stage with his two oldest guitars.....the new and improved version of the "I'm The Mar-Mar" axe sounded fantastic....the clarity and sustain/feedback of that axe are absolutely stunning!

The show was fun, and they were having fun....which these days is about all you can count on.

HAPPY GNU YEAR FUKKERS!

:phish:
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

WhatstheUse?

Man I had a blast last night. That second set was lots of fun. The -> Cities was terrific and caught me totally off gaurd. Loved how the New Years song was just the "Dogs" jam. Thy basically just jammed!

Obviously they blew their "gag" budget in Vegas but I still got a pretty good laugh at the stunt.

Pretty everyone in our section just a about shit a brick when those explosions happened! Holy bajeezus! Scared the fucking crap out of me!!!
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

First set was kind of a snoozer but the second set had some heat.  Really liked the Ghost.  The next 3 shows should be great.  Not so bad for an opener after a lag.... :music:

mbw

I'm confused.  If they changed the vacuum from suck to blow, and fishman got so filled with air he popped, why was he still inflated enough to fly over the audience? 

oh, also...

sunrisevt

Setlist unedited from show notes:

I2/31/14
I:
Sample
The Wedge
Heavy things
Wolfman's
Halfway to the moon
Bouncin'
KDF
Train song
Waiting all night
Axilla
Asihtos

II:
Birds
Ghost
->Theme
->Cities
->Chalkdust
Martian Monster Jam

III:
Them bones
Suck to blow gag
ALS
->Dogs
->tweezer
((Manteca/golden age))
Simple
Limb x limb
Bug
# Line
horse->Silent
Julius
E: Golgi
Reprise
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

barnesy305

mbw

barnesy305

Quote from: mbw on January 01, 2015, 06:26:59 PM
Quote from: barnesy305 on January 01, 2015, 06:23:30 PM
I'm assuming Them Bones is not the Alice in Chains song?

now that would have been cool.

I watched the Unplugged show the other day, the Down in a Hole is haunting.

antelope19

Quote from: barnesy305 on January 01, 2015, 06:31:51 PM

Def. One of my favorite live albums.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mistercharlie

Quote from: antelope19 on January 01, 2015, 07:11:24 PM
Quote from: barnesy305 on January 01, 2015, 06:31:51 PM

Def. One of my favorite live albums.

Agree. on both the haunting Down in a Hole, and AiC Unplugged being one of my favorite live albums.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

Yeah after re-listen this second set is nice!
Great ghost > theme > Cities. Unique jams in each of them and the cdt > martian monster is great too. That is probably my favorite of the Halloween songs.

rowjimmy

rowjimmy

The whole show is on the youtubes (for now) and I've been watching it today. Really enjoyed set one for what it is: a first set. Good songs (imp) well played. Heavy Things, Wolfman's, & ASIHTOS had some nice sauce on them.

Set three, the gag was funny but not life-changing. No big deal.
Dogs>Tweezer>Simple>LxL was great. I like bug and #Line so while I can't say the set didn't sort of trail off, I enjoyed it.

On set two now.

rowjimmy