News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/21 - Les Schwab Ampitheater - Bend, OR - Post-show Discussion

Started by emay, July 22, 2015, 12:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

mbw

zackonthetrain

enjoyed the new tunes for sure. Definitely a tour opener in terms of tightness, but i suspect they will be a little tighter tonight. i liked the beginning of the mikes and the beginning of the weekapaug jam, trey had a nice slow catchy rift that got bigger but showed some patience. i thought trey played pretty good, wish the ghost went further.

theres gotta be a hood for mt hood tonight!!
"a good sauce can't save a bad noodle"

emay

JPhishman

Tons of funk last night! Really dug No man's whatever. Trey is the fucking man. This place is paradise.  :smoke: :beers: :rawk: :wtu:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

susep

Digging No Men In No Man's Land :rockout:  Out of the other 2 new songs Blaze On is ok, heard hints of Manteca in Trey's solo.  Shade meh. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: susep on July 22, 2015, 08:13:29 PM
Digging No Men In No Man's Land :rockout: 

Me too. I've been through that one twice now.   :rawk:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Augustus

I'm not really a fan of Little Feat, but I think Blaze On is a cool song of theirs for Phish to cover.

mehead

Quote from: susep on July 22, 2015, 08:13:29 PM
Digging No Men In No Man's Land :rockout:  Out of the other 2 new songs Blaze On is ok, heard hints of Manteca in Trey's solo.  Shade meh.

Pretty much right where I am with these. Have spun No Man's multiple times today (no man's > paug > boogie is a nice little dance nug), Blaze On is kinda ok.  Can see some potential growing out of it. I'll pass on Shade.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Augustus on July 22, 2015, 08:37:42 PM
I'm not really a fan of Little Feat, but I think Blaze On is a cool song of theirs for Phish to cover.

Those Halloween albums always influence  yada yada yada
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sophist

Second set had some good moments.  I really liked the brief place they got to around the ten minute mark in Ghost.  And it made me happy they didn't fall back on the played out "peak" of a G major 2 note trill like the 12/31/10 version.   

New songs may grow on me....

all in all a pretty decent/mediocre tour opener

I hear potential, especially in Trey, but its pretty clear the band as a whole has some rust to shed before things get kicking this tour 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

anthrax

Funky 2nd set is just what the doctor ordered.  More of that please.

phil

Just now getting around to a first listen of this show. I really dig page in this sand.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?