News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

PH92's Electronics Troubleshooting and Repair Thread (Any Devices Welcome)

Started by ph92, August 20, 2016, 12:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph92

Hey yall, I love giving back these days! I work at an electronics repair shop called uBreakiFix (nationwide chain). If you have any questions about anything at all, feel free to PM me, ask here or anything. We work on literally anything, so even if I personally don't know tips and tricks. Someone who I work with will. I'm lucky enough to be a professional in this field and I'd love to help with whatever I can. Repair tips, troubleshooting, advice etc.

Also, when I say any device, I literally mean anything. Androids, iPhone, iPods, Tablets, PC, Mac, Game Systems, Audio Equipment. I'm very proficient in micro-soldering if that's what you need.  I can get parts for cost, preform repairs, anything you want. Also I got hookups on tempered glass for STUPID cheap for most devices.

Please ask, I love to help people with this kind of stuff. It seriously interest me, its a passion of mine. Also I'd like to point out that I will do this all for the homie hookup (if you want a repair, literally I just need the device, parts cost, shipping and just a bit for my time) Otherwise, advice, troubleshooting and help is free of charge!

Also, if you want to get something repair local to you, please contact me first. I can tell you if people are trying to rip you off etc. I know how shady some repair shops can be! I hate when I hear of people getting shitty repair and end up paying twice!
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Gundo

Maybe this is a sign. I took a spill in the rain the other day and smashed the bejesus out of my iPhone 5 screen.  I looked around online to do the repairs myself, but nothing looked too promising. Can you steer me in the right direction to fix my phone screen myself or for super duper cheap compared to going to get a new phone. The phone still works. The screen looks like shit. Glass is flaking off

ph92

Is it a 5 or 5s? Cause if it's a regular 5 those are pretty simple repair. But if you're not comfortable with doing that I'm not sure where you can get it fixed for cheap. Most of those kiosks or places doing it for less than 75ish I wouldn't trust. They use cheap shitty parts or do not very good work with no warrenties or they don't hold themselves liable if they mess up your phone more
Make America Melt Again!

ph92

But again I could do it if you have a backup phone. Or just don't care snout not having one. The part is roughly 20$
Make America Melt Again!

Gundo

It's a 5. Don't really mind doing it myself as long as it isn't too difficult/ can find a good replacement. My GF had hers replaced for ~$50 recently and hers broke again almost immediately.

ph92

Yeah I can either send you a part with all the small parts already installed (camera, proximity sensor, earspeaker, home button, backplate) so you literally just take off the plate covering the flexes for the screen and plug in the new one. I'd have to find how much that would be, probably about 5-10$ more. Otherwise I could steer you to a good quality screen, but you'd have to transfer all your old small parts over, it's still pretty easy.  It'll be around 20-25$
Make America Melt Again!

antelope19

What would it cost me to get you to replace the battery on an iPhone 6?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish