News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Westworld

Started by Hicks, October 06, 2016, 01:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justjezmund

This show is pretty fantastic, probably my favorite Ed Harris role in the past 15 yrs easy.  Maybe since the Abyss, but that's just my personal opinion.  Also great to see McPoyle shown in a different light.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mistercharlie

Quote from: justjezmund on October 12, 2016, 10:20:27 PM
This show is pretty fantastic, probably my favorite Ed Harris role in the past 15 yrs easy.  Maybe since the Abyss, but that's just my personal opinion.  Also great to see McPoyle shown in a different light.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

[spoiler]Possibly... If what i think is true he my still be evil.[/spoiler]
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Lifeboy

This show kinda came out of nowhere to me. I'm waiting for some alone time with my girlfriend before starting it, but I'm really stoked to start it. Looks and sounds awesome.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

ytowndan

So, I got caught up on this over the last few days.  So many questions!  I assume some of the mysteries of the park itself will be kinda/sorta answered by season's end.  Like, for example, is the park some kind of hybrid of VR and a real, flesh-and-blood park?  Maybe I missed a few obvious hints as I only watched them once and binged through them all pretty quickly.  The mystery about Arnold is very intriguing as well, as is the whole maze thing and whatever this grand story is that Hopkins is working on.   

Other random thoughts:  It's good to see Jeffrey Wright in something again (I loved his character in Boardwalk Empire).  Ed Harris as the Man in Black was a fantastic choice.  I agree that he's definitely a people, but he also could be trouble down the road (I loved when he straight up threatened to murder that other guest for thanking him for his foundations' role in saving his sister's life!   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard).  And, yes, Evan Rachel Wood is hot as hell!
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

GBL

RE: Man in Black

What I'm not getting is why he is so obsessed with figuring out "what's going on".. 

Hopefully the show will shed more light on that
If this is love, I'm never going home..

tet

Some very speculative spoilers here - but don't read if you don't want to analyze too much about what else may come this season... 

Anyone else picking up on the hints that [spoiler]Bernard is a host[/spoiler]?  There are some random things that kind of add up - like, [spoiler]Ford saying he had a sensitive disposition[/spoiler], and that [spoiler]his meetings with Delores seem to take place in some sort of time or location where she thinks she is in a dream - or at least, says she thinks that - and it pretty clearly looks like a basement setting, not the main area of the labs or Westworld itself[/spoiler].  He is also [spoiler]very in-tune with those new reveries and other very minute changes in host behavior/dialogue[/spoiler], possibly recognizing differences [spoiler]in his own programming from those around him[/spoiler].  I've seen the discussions on Reddit about it, but it makes a lot of sense to me if that's one of the big revelations this season. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

barnesy305

Quote from: tet on October 30, 2016, 07:35:36 PM
Some very speculative spoilers here - but don't read if you don't want to analyze too much about what else may come this season... 

Anyone else picking up on the hints that [spoiler]Bernard is a host[/spoiler]?  There are some random things that kind of add up - like, [spoiler]Ford saying he had a sensitive disposition[/spoiler], and that [spoiler]his meetings with Delores seem to take place in some sort of time or location where she thinks she is in a dream - or at least, says she thinks that - and it pretty clearly looks like a basement setting, not the main area of the labs or Westworld itself[/spoiler].  He is also [spoiler]very in-tune with those new reveries and other very minute changes in host behavior/dialogue[/spoiler], possibly recognizing differences [spoiler]in his own programming from those around him[/spoiler].  I've seen the discussions on Reddit about it, but it makes a lot of sense to me if that's one of the big revelations this season.

Yes, I've had suspicions about that from the beginning. This show rules.

zimbra

Quote from: barnesy305 on October 30, 2016, 08:19:58 PM
Quote from: tet on October 30, 2016, 07:35:36 PM

Yes, I've had suspicions about that from the beginning. This show rules.

Agreed, I think it's a strong possibility. Also, Slim, good job with the edits to not allow any spoilers!
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

khalpin

Thought this was a pretty interesting watch:

tet

Quote from: khalpin on November 04, 2016, 02:43:21 PM
Thought this was a pretty interesting watch:

Saw that. Fucking amazing performances from such stellar actors on this series, but this scene [spoiler](and the one with both him and Ed Harris)[/spoiler] were just masterclasses on display.
-Phish

VA $l!m

good news, Hbo now is avail on psn now. its a bit confusing getting an account set up tho but hopefully ill get to it soon and be able to watch
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

tet

[spoiler]what is it with HBO and doors???

"It doesn't look like anything to me" - just a fucking brilliant episode.

Wow. [/spoiler]
-Phish

emay

damn that was a good one.

[spoiler]Bernard!! I wonder if Ford will conquer the park now and take out everyone on the board. Also wondering where the F that girl erica went
[/spoiler]

justjezmund

so anyone else heard this theory [spoiler]where this time span we are watching is three different decades? where Deloris keeps trying to be saved and fails. take that into account that my buddies and i believe that William is ed harris 30 yrs ago?  A young man who is working for a company that wants to buy a money hemorrhaging westworld, who as ford says "gets whatever he wants" and who tells Deloris in the first episode "ive been coming here for 30 yrs and you still don't remember me". [/spoiler] I may be a little drunk but so many peices being put together. Im re watching and losing my shit.  :crazy:
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Hicks

Quote from: justjezmund on November 16, 2016, 10:09:28 PM
so anyone else heard this theory [spoiler]where this time span we are watching is three different decades? where Deloris keeps trying to be saved and fails. take that into account that my buddies and i believe that William is ed harris 30 yrs ago?  A young man who is working for a company that wants to buy a money hemorrhaging westworld, who as ford says "gets whatever he wants" and who tells Deloris in the first episode "ive been coming here for 30 yrs and you still don't remember me". [/spoiler] I may be a little drunk but so many peices being put together. Im re watching and losing my shit.  :crazy:

Yes, yes I have heard that. 

[spoiler]. Lawrence immediately showing back up as El Lazo in the William story would support that theory.  [/spolier]

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.