News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2017-1-13 Barcelo Maya Beach - Riviera Maya, MEX

Started by anthrax, January 13, 2017, 11:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

:phish: :phish: :phish: :phish: :phish: :phish:
Barcelo Maya Beach, Riviera Maya, Mexico

I:  Free, Yarmouth Road, Sand, Theme From the Bottom > Funky Bitch, Undermind, NICU, Horn, Wolfman's Brother

II:  A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing, The Wedge, Fuego>Jam>Prince Caspian>Twist>Tequila Jam>7 Below, Golgi, Antelope

E:  Contact, Bug

birdman

Enjoyed it from the couch.
I'd rather be there on the beach.
Paug FTMFW!

pcr3

Quote from: birdman on January 14, 2017, 12:06:04 AM
Enjoyed it from the couch.
I'd rather be there on the beach.

You enjoyed building the lego yellow submarine more than that second set.

Good times streaming this in MA. I can't imagine how awesome it must be to be down there.  :beers:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Gundo

I would make a total fool of myself there. You Paugers live it up!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: EdBanky on January 14, 2017, 03:56:50 AM

I dunno, I saw a guy crash his mo-ped into a palm tree right outside the gates. The staff just handed him a fresh cervesa and sent him on his way.  You'd be fine here.
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 14, 2017, 04:39:14 AM

I dunno, I saw a guy crash his mo-ped into a palm tree right outside the gates. The staff just handed him a fresh cervesa and sent him on his way.  You'd be fine here.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

So jealous of everyone down there. Every time they panned to the people playing in the waves, my heart broke a little.
decent set list and the stream sounded decent in the first set. Missed the second.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Marmar

So....set 1 was ok....did not like Undermind....nor did I enjoy a first set placement of Sand....

Set 2....Fuego>Jam>Prince Caspian>Twist>Tequila Jam>7 Below.....when the > is the highlight, I dunno.....

Scotty....get on stage or pay a local to steal Trey's delay pedal. That shit is getting REALLY old. It promotes laziness. It killz tha jamz....

I dunno....considering it's the first night, ok, so its a warmup...I get that....tonight they better bring the heat. The playing was there, it just wasn't clicking full steam ahead for most of it. It was disjointed in a way like...you could hear Mike and Fish click, and you could hear Page and Trey click.....but they didn't all click til nearly the end of the show.....

And WTF is with a show ending at like 11? strange curfews down there or somethin?
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

susep

Marmar

Quote from: susep on January 14, 2017, 10:05:50 AM
how was the jam out of Fuego?

Amazingly....it was disjointed, but disjointed as a group, and somehow it managed to work.....

Phish, the only band that can polish a turd and make it shine like gold.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

susep

Quote from: Marmar on January 14, 2017, 09:47:14 AM
.....when the > is the highlight, I dunno.....

The last 2 minutes of both Caspian and Twist caught my ear.  Everything else, safe.   

Lifeboy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 14, 2017, 04:39:14 AM

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

:clap:
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke: