News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/01/2017 - MSG, New York, NY

Started by GBL, August 01, 2017, 11:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Leaves, as a song, can pretty much suck it.

The jam seems to have potential though.
Bring in the dude!

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

anthrax

Every single phish show this tour is hitting me in just the right spot...this is the best!

Hicks

Pretty surprised they didn't play TTE last night. 

Will it stay on the shelf?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

Didn't love the second set, didn't seem to go as deep as some of the other nights, and the maple theme didn't bring any second set surprises...

GBL

I don't dislike Leaves at all, and as WTU said, the jam has a lot of potential
If this is love, I'm never going home..

rowjimmy

ph92

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 02, 2017, 11:43:33 AM
Leaves, as a song, can pretty much suck it.

The jam seems to have potential though.
This. I didnt' like it when they played it. But the jam was crunchy for sure.

Quote from: Hicks on August 02, 2017, 12:35:57 PM
Pretty surprised they didn't play TTE last night. 

Will it stay on the shelf?
The world may never know!

Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Gumbo72203

That show was a whole lot of fun!  I actually loved all the ballads in the 1st set.  They could play all those songs and I'd love it.  The 2nd set was just perfect, although abandoning that SICK 3.0 funk groove in 46 Days for the Drums jam was a bit of a disappointment.  First time in 3.0 they've played a song faster than normal?  That 46 Days was out of control, Trey and Fishman pushing the tempo like crazy haha. 

Steep jam FTW though.  Holy fucking shit that ruled.  Also, POSSUM!  I knew when they started it that Trey was going to milk the shit out of the tension build in the middle.  Loved it. 

Super short encore was a little confusing though. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

aphineday

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 02, 2017, 12:55:50 PM
I like Leaves.
This!
I'm digging it... hoping I'll keep digging it.
No one really talking about that Golden Age? Shit stands up on a second listen. I mean I'm on board with the Steep for damn sure, and 46 Days was a rager, but that Golden Age...
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

anthrax

During the opening lyrics to leaves, you could hear a pin drop in msg.  Heady attentive crowd.

gah

Quote from: anthrax on August 02, 2017, 12:28:52 PM
Every single phish show this tour is hitting me in just the right spot...this is the best!

damn straight.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

I like this show. Another solid one for the stack.

gainesvillegreen

This version of Crowd Control is wonderful.
That comment is likely to fall into the paug "Who gives a shit?' bucket - I think I am the only one here who likes Undermind on the whole - but it shows that as Phish pushes their long forms with various rates of success and failure, their short forms tighten up considerably.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on August 02, 2017, 03:15:21 PM
This version of Crowd Control is wonderful.
That comment is likely to fall into the paug "Who gives a shit?' bucket - I think I am the only one here who likes Undermind on the whole - but it shows that as Phish pushes their long forms with various rates of success and failure, their short forms tighten up considerably.

I like Undermind, but I always skip Crowd Control.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy