News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish NYE 2017/18 MSG

Started by rowjimmy, September 20, 2017, 02:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph92

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 23, 2017, 10:51:13 PM
Quote from: anthrax on September 23, 2017, 10:15:52 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 23, 2017, 03:56:58 PM
I'm having a mini-freak out over here at the possibility of not being with Phish on NYE for the first time in 8 years....

Between my recent move and living recklessly in NYC for 2.5 weeks this summer.... I'm just not sure I can cut it. Also, apparently when you live w/ your girlfriend and she can't afford to do something that you want to do... you kinda sorta have to pay for both if you want to do it? Is that how it works? I'm new to this...
That's called marriage, dude.

Yup.
Picking one love over another.

I don't think I'm cut out for that... :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Good luck Scotty!
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

mistercharlie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 23, 2017, 10:51:13 PM
Quote from: anthrax on September 23, 2017, 10:15:52 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 23, 2017, 03:56:58 PM
I'm having a mini-freak out over here at the possibility of not being with Phish on NYE for the first time in 8 years....

Between my recent move and living recklessly in NYC for 2.5 weeks this summer.... I'm just not sure I can cut it. Also, apparently when you live w/ your girlfriend and she can't afford to do something that you want to do... you kinda sorta have to pay for both if you want to do it? Is that how it works? I'm new to this...
That's called marriage, dude.

Yup.
Picking one love over another.

Yeah, I got to see a lot more great shows before the old ball and chain.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Just about every show has cost me two flights and two tickets since 2000.  Hotels are always the same but two flights all the time and double tickets is a killer. I'd way rather have that though than a wife that doesn't like Phish or understand it .  That would not work for me one bit, so I just shut up and pay.

VDB

Phish with your boo is where it's at.
Is this still Wombat?

anthrax

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 24, 2017, 11:51:01 AMI'd way rather have that though than a wife that doesn't like Phish or understand it .  That would not work for me one bit, so I just shut up and pay.
Truth

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 24, 2017, 11:51:01 AM
Just about every show has cost me two flights and two tickets since 2000.  Hotels are always the same but two flights all the time and double tickets is a killer. I'd way rather have that though than a wife that doesn't like Phish or understand it .  That would not work for me one bit, so I just shut up and pay.

Well your wife was pretty much out of commission for two separate two year periods because of babies, but yeah I think it's safe to say that your household has spent more on Phish than most, especially since we constantly get shafted on the West Coast. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on September 24, 2017, 04:38:15 PM

Well your wife was pretty much out of commission for two separate two year periods because of babies, but yeah I think it's safe to say that your household has spent more on Phish than most, especially since we constantly get shafted on the West Coast.

That's true.  Except for Hampton '09 when I bought her a non-refundable $700 flight and the day before we left my kid projectile vomited all over the baked goods at New Seasons because of an ear infection and we had to eat the flight. 

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 24, 2017, 06:56:36 PM

That's true.  Except for Hampton '09 when I bought her a non-refundable $700 flight and the day before we left my kid projectile vomited all over the baked goods at New Seasons because of an ear infection and we had to eat the flight.

Lulz, don't remember the baked goods part of that story, that's (not) awesome!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on September 24, 2017, 03:44:59 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 24, 2017, 11:51:01 AMI'd way rather have that though than a wife that doesn't like Phish or understand it .  That would not work for me one bit, so I just shut up and pay.
Truth

Meh - I'm pretty happy with my situation on that front. My first wife liked Phish (it's how we met) then thought I should "grow out of it" and wouldn't let me go to shows. Fuck that bitch. Much happier with a wife who lets me go do my phish thing without her. It works for us!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 24, 2017, 11:33:12 PM
Truth

Meh - I'm pretty happy with my situation on that front. My first wife liked Phish (it's how we met) then thought I should "grow out of it" and wouldn't let me go to shows. Fuck that bitch. Much happier with a wife who lets me go do my phish thing without her. It works for us!

It's all about compromise.
I see some shows and I don't see others.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on September 24, 2017, 09:44:38 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 24, 2017, 06:56:36 PM

Lulz, don't remember the baked goods part of that story, that's (not) awesome!

The people at NS were like "Don't worry, it happens all the time, like, every day...." and that was the last time I ever shopped in their baked good section  :|

Nedstruzz

Yup. And I wouldn't want it any other way. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 25, 2017, 10:49:15 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 24, 2017, 11:33:12 PM
Truth

It's all about compromise.
I see some shows and I don't see others.

Yep, although I see less than I'd like to. I like my life the way it is. Phish is my special alone time.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

i'm out for this.  gonna rage the couch like no other. 

birdman

Quote from: anthrax on October 02, 2017, 04:08:07 PM
i'm out for this.  gonna rage the couch like no other.
:-o
God damnit
Paug FTMFW!