News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard Thread

Started by mistercharlie, April 07, 2018, 10:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 09, 2019, 07:08:23 AM
The new album has a yet another sound to it and will be released 4/26. I love how they change styles for every album. You can preview a minute of every song on the new album, Fishing for Fishies, on this site.

These guys can do no wrong it seems.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 09, 2019, 07:53:06 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 09, 2019, 07:08:23 AM
The new album has a yet another sound to it and will be released 4/26. I love how they change styles for every album. You can preview a minute of every song on the new album, Fishing for Fishies, on this site.

These guys can do no wrong it seems.

Agreed. I love it all.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

I honestly cannot keep up with the output not to mention all the variations.  I think they're great but it's almost too much work for me to stay on top of it.

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 11, 2019, 05:24:38 PM
I honestly cannot keep up with the output not to mention all the variations.  I think they're great but it's almost too much work for me to stay on top of it.

Cmon bro they gave you an entire year off! 

Also, Murder of the Universe kinda sucked and is definitely skippable IMO.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

I am already diggin' the new album from the previews and pre-orders go live tomorrow night at 6pm est here in America. There will also be an ATO release on Friday morning at 9am est, probably with different variations.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on March 11, 2019, 05:34:57 PM

And I'm still not even caught up from that flurry at the end of 2017.

mopper_smurf

Just got a text from my local record store that they will be selling tickets on Thursday for the show in Holland on October 6. No fucking Ticketmaster stress.  :rawk: :rawk:
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

emay

Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 11, 2019, 11:03:16 PM

And I'm still not even caught up from that flurry at the end of 2017.

Yeah I just looked through the discography and def missed the last album in 2017

August

New album starts out like White Denim and then ends like drugs.
I like it.

mistercharlie

I concur. Great album. It looks like their next one will be a thrash metal album based off of the new song Planet B.

mistercharlie

Trey got to meet Gizz he looks super happy about it!

pcr3

I might need to call a doctor in an hour or two.  :sbw:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

ph92

But... Vomit coffin. I actually really like that album for some reason. Although I do find the narration track a little exhausting.

Digging the new album for sure. Almost has a  sketches of new Brunswick feel to it. Stoked for whatever album planet b is on. Seems like it'll be a bit different than everything else.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

mistercharlie

Quote from: ph92 on May 01, 2019, 01:16:06 AM

But... Vomit coffin. I actually really like that album for some reason. Although I do find the narration track a little exhausting.

Digging the new album for sure. Almost has a  sketches of new Brunswick feel to it. Stoked for whatever album planet b is on. Seems like it'll be a bit different than everything else.

Fishing for Fishies is what happens when Sketches of Brunswick East and Paper Mache Dream Balloon have a baby. I LOVE it!

pcr3

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 01, 2019, 05:19:14 AM
Quote from: ph92 on May 01, 2019, 01:16:06 AM

Fishing for Fishies is what happens when Sketches of Brunswick East and Paper Mache Dream Balloon have a baby. I LOVE it!

That sounds incredible.  I clearly need to give this a spin...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3