News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New LivePhish Release - 9-18-99 Chula Vista, CA

Started by Hicks, June 15, 2018, 12:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmar

Quote from: August on June 18, 2018, 09:52:58 AM
Hoping for a remastered Conventry box.

I've got 4 cam video footage with remastered SBD's for the audio....

of Vegas 2004.....

and it still sucks....

just like the rest of 2004.

For me....1999 was just a warm up for 2004....shit show to the extreme. There's like what, 1 MAYBE 2 good shows from 2004?.....and there's like 7 MAYBE 8 good shows from 1999?

They are archives.....fucking dig deep or get the hell outta the building. :shakehead:
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

August

I mean, they've released a ton of '97 shows and pretty much nailed them all.
It's just bizarre that they have such a hard time with releasing the really good '99 shows.
And while we're on it, 2000 lacks greatly.
10-7 is great (needs a remaster) but Alpine is suspect as is Darien aside from the Suzy.
6-14 is not a fave of mine, but does give a good representation of that Tour.
Tons of stuff like 6-24, PNC, 7-7, 9-17 and even 9-18 would be great releases.
Do a 7-2-94, 7-15-99, 6-28-00 box or something.
#uwont

Hicks

A 6/28-7/4/00 box set gets brought up on a certain website a lot. 

Sounds like a great idea to me.

As for this show, kind of a toss up between this and 7/8/00 for weakest release in my book, although I've never listened to the Starlake 98 show.

Anyway just goes to show how spoiled we were with 1.0, even if this is the worst release it's still pretty damn good and would be considered a heater if played today. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

August

This show has the Boogie On.
Starlake, The Jim.
Those are really just highlights in weak shows. At least Boise is a pretty strong show throughout.
They've done a pretty good job with getting big jams out on the FTA, but I think we all would like more well rounded releases.
Again, a LP like Lexington 96 is really just a long Gin and YEM with basic Fall 96 filling up the rest.
I can do this job, guys.

August

August

August

Hicks

Quote from: August on June 18, 2018, 08:26:34 PM
Oh. And the Starlake mix is garbage.

Ha, my spidey sense must have told me not to bother with it. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

August

Vernon was a good one.
Pretty loose night, but at least a complete show with some beefy highlights.

mattstick

I like the Starlake show. Good Reba and Time Loves A Hero.

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

ytowndan

Quote from: mattstick on June 18, 2018, 08:46:14 PM
I like the Starlake show. Good Reba and Time Loves A Hero.

It's hard for me to look past the personal bias of it being my first show, but I agree.  I've listened to that Reba probably as many times as
I've listened to the Jim.  That whole first set is pretty decent, with a few stand outs.  The second is all about the Jim.

I'll also get behind a 9/28/99 release.  That's pretty much a perfect show from start to finish.  The Tweezer > Makisupa is money.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

antelope19

Quote from: August on June 18, 2018, 08:28:54 PM
So heated.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

emay

Don't remember the last time I skipped through a LP release that much...

rowjimmy

Say what you will about the merits of this release, at least it's got aug posting about Phish.