News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazzfest 2019, or the all things NOLA thread

Started by PIE-GUY, July 16, 2018, 01:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

line-up announcement has been pushed to January. They originally said they'd do it in December.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

emay

gah

Quote from: emay on December 07, 2018, 01:23:09 PM
ill be patient for that line up.

oh patient bear will be patient alright. I'm just saying, this is all the Stones fault. And Trump. And Putin. Collusion if I ever saw it.

emay

Quote from: gah on December 07, 2018, 01:25:19 PM

oh patient bear will be patient alright. I'm just saying, this is all the Stones fault. And Trump. And Putin. Collusion if I ever saw it.

yeah Thanks Obama! ::waves fist in air::

gah

Quote from: emay on December 07, 2018, 01:26:53 PM
Quote from: gah on December 07, 2018, 01:25:19 PM

yeah Thanks Obama! ::waves fist in air::

I see you Russian bots!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!! STOP FOLLOWING ME!!!!

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

PIE-GUY

PIE-GUY

gah

https://www.jambase.com/article/meters-neville-brothers-art-neville-retirement

QuoteLegendary keyboardist Art Neville announced his retirement from music after a 65-year career. The New Orleans-bred Neville is a founding member of influential funk acts The Meters and The Neville Brothers and more recently focused his efforts on the funky METERS.

Art, who recently turned 81, has been battling health issues in recent years and hasn't performed publicly since 2017. "Poppa Funk" issued a statement announcing his decision in which he thanks "the fans for all the wonderful years of support and for letting us share our music with the world." The Meters celebrated their 50th anniversary aboard Jam Cruise 15 in 2017 after a career filled with such memorable classics as "Cissy Strut," "Just Kissed My Baby," and "Hey Pocky A-Way." Earlier this year, the group was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Recording Academy. Art did not attend or perform at the ceremony, which was held in Los Angeles.

Neville's voice and playing were at the heart of songs from both The Meters and The Neville Brothers. Art was an important part of The Neville Brothers from the group's founding in 1977 through their 1980's hey day and 2004 comeback album Walkin' In The Shadow Of Life. The funky METERS expect to continue with the keyboardist's nephew, Ivan Neville, sitting in Art's chair as he has for a number of gigs in recent years. Look for that band to celebrate their 25th anniversary in 2019.

PIE-GUY

Yep. No surprise there. He hasn't really played that much even when he's been on stage in recent years. I knew the last Jazzfest set was the last time I would see him play. I just knew it.

gah

Shows keep getting announced:

QuoteFoundation Of Funk featuring The Meters' bassist George Porter Jr. and drummer Zigaboo Modeliste will team with guitarist Eric Krasno, keyboardist John Medeski and the Lettuce Horns (Eric 'Benny' Bloom and Ryan Zoidis) for a show in New Orleans. The performance will take place at the Crescent City's House Of Blues on April 27.

Porter Jr., Modeliste, Krasno, Medeski and the horns' concert is a late-night gig during the first weekend of next year's New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. Tickets for the show are on sale now via Live Nation.

emay

Neville Jacobs & George Porter Jr Superjam on the Monday Nola Crawfish Fest line up, hope to hit up that day at least; will prob need to head out Tuesday AM.

PIE-GUY

Last year my buddy Stack was dating the woman who does all the marketing for Crawfish King - so we had VIP all three days for free. Gonna be tough to beat that shit! Alas, they are no longer dating.

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 07, 2019, 12:57:31 PM
Last year my buddy Stack was dating the woman who does all the marketing for Crawfish King - so we had VIP all three days for free. Gonna be tough to beat that shit! Alas, they are no longer dating.

:shakehead:

Also, I saw this thread pop up and I thought maybe they'd done the artist announcement today! Ah well, any ideas on when to expect that?