News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-07-25 The Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - San Francisco, CA - Post-Show

Started by mistercharlie, July 26, 2018, 05:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Set I:
Roggae, Tube > NICU > Runaway Jim, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Keepin' It Reel*, Driver, Saw It Again, Ocelot, Waking Up Dead, Backwards Down the Number Line > More

Set II:
Set Your Soul Free > Twist > Makisupa Policeman > Scents and Subtle Sounds** > What's the Use? > The Wedge > Possum
E: The Lizards

* Debut.
** No intro.

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

So the new Soul song got taken out for a 25 minute drive? Can't wait to give that one a listen!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 26, 2018, 05:28:58 AM
So the new Soul song got taken out for a 25 minute drive? Can't wait to give that one a listen!

Looked over the LivePhish listing three times without noticing that.
I suspect my brain didn't believe it and so refused to see such numbers.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

glad I went to Radiohead last night... but I'm excited to listen to this.

25 minutes, you say? sounds good to me and my kitchen after work tonight <3
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

mehead

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 26, 2018, 05:28:58 AM

It's pretty killer. Listened to it 3x already this morning.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

rowjimmy

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 26, 2018, 08:51:11 AM
Set Your Soul Free > Twist is a fine way to spend 35minutes.

this for sure. the possum is extra too.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mbw on July 26, 2018, 09:16:46 AM

this for sure. the possum is extra too.

Just watching that.
:wtu: (lookalike?) sighting at 3:32:14

emay

Saw up to the middle of Twist before falling asleep last night
That Set your Soul Free jam got spacey! The Trey effects worked perfectly in this jam.
Cant wait to hear the rest of the 2nd set esp this Scents >  :wtu:

mistercharlie

Yes it is. I'm glad it's Thursday. I always have about an hour on Thursdays where I can throw on a show on YouTube while I compile back-up for the checks I cut and just enjoy watching.

cactusfan

My report from Bill Graham last night is that that second set is why I see Phish. They just tore through it. I thought for sure I didn't want Possum to end it--and then they showed me why I was wrong.

And a Lizards encore!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: cactusfan on July 26, 2018, 12:14:55 PM
My report from Bill Graham last night is that that second set is why I see Phish. They just tore through it. I thought for sure I didn't want Possum to end it--and then they showed me why I was wrong.

Hell yes. Good to bump into you pre show!

Last night I did not have one-too-many beers and raged the ever living hell out of that second set. I'm all about that new song! Bill Graham has quickly risen to near the very top of venues attended, the mid-jam crowd eruption when things got locked into a groove during Set Your Soul Free is what dreams are made of.... brought me right back to that 2010 Greek Cities.... the entire venue was GETTING DOWN!

Scents is always a rare treat, this version felt really Hood-esque. WTU is always amazing. One of the best Possums I've seen. Such a fun set.
Bring in the dude!

cactusfan

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 26, 2018, 01:48:58 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on July 26, 2018, 12:14:55 PM

Hell yes. Good to bump into you pre show!

Last night I did not have one-too-many beers and raged the ever living hell out of that second set. I'm all about that new song! Bill Graham has quickly risen to near the very top of venues attended, the mid-jam crowd eruption when things got locked into a groove during Set Your Soul Free is what dreams are made of.... brought me right back to that 2010 Greek Cities.... the entire venue was GETTING DOWN!

Scents is always a rare treat, this version felt really Hood-esque. WTU is always amazing. One of the best Possums I've seen. Such a fun set.

yes and yes. the energy in that room is so intense.

and if that's what Set Your Soul Free sounds like, then Set Your Soul Free is my new favorite song.

rowjimmy