News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-11-02 - MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - Post Show Discussion

Started by Hicks, November 03, 2018, 04:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

:phish:
11-2-2018
MGM Grand Garden Arena
Las Vegas, NV

Set I: Cavern, Beauty of My Dreams, If I Could, Weigh, Sand, Back on the Train, Martian Monster, Mercury > Suzy Greenberg

Set II: Soul Planet > Down with Disease > Guyute, Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley > Light > Slave to the Traffic Light

E: Hold Your Head Up > Bike > Hold Your Head Up, Good Times Bad Times 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

WhatstheUse?

Was it just me, or did Trey say, "this feels like an old show, let's do an older one!" Before GTBT?
Bring in the dude!

cleech74

"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

runawayjimbo

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 03, 2018, 06:18:24 AM
Was it just me, or did Trey say, "this feels like an old show, let's do an older one!" Before GTBT?

"Fuck it, this is like an old show, let's do an old thing."

I'm not even waiting for tonight: this is pound do pound the best run of 3.0. Seven straight sets of fucking fire. Not even BD had that. And Trey has been the MVP. Motherfucking Jedi is back.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: runawayjimbo on November 03, 2018, 09:42:33 AM

I'm not even waiting for tonight: this is pound do pound the best run of 3.0. Seven straight sets of fucking fire. Not even BD had that. And Trey has been the MVP. Motherfucking Jedi is back.

Trey has been back at the reigns for sure this run! He seems to be actually playing guitar with purpose again.  The peaks of the jams aren't just Trey playing a 2 note trill like 90% of 3.0 peaks... almost every time he's started doing it, he's used it as a launchpad for another lick rather than stick with that crutch

Just a great show all around once again. First set even crushed. If I Could > Weigh was such a killer back to back combo! Old skool baby!
Bring in the dude!

cactusfan

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 03, 2018, 02:32:17 PM

Trey has been back at the reigns for sure this run! He seems to be actually playing guitar with purpose again.  The peaks of the jams aren't just Trey playing a 2 note trill like 90% of 3.0 peaks... almost every time he's started doing it, he's used it as a launchpad for another lick rather than stick with that crutch

Just a great show all around once again. First set even crushed. If I Could > Weigh was such a killer back to back combo! Old skool baby!

This show was stunning. The playing is so confident and exploratory. Three shows of fire.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: cactusfan on November 03, 2018, 02:47:58 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 03, 2018, 02:32:17 PM

This show was stunning. The playing is so confident and exploratory. Three shows of fire.

Trey's confidence is really what has stood out to me this run. He just looks and sounds so in control up there and he keeps pushing the band to new places and fresh ideas. CDT is the one that really stands out cause Fish thought they were done and ready to wrap it up but Trey said no, but it's happened a bunch in every show. And the interplay among all of them has been just incredible too. They are having a real conversation up there and it's just been such a joy to watch.

Cannot wait to see how they bring it home tonight.

VA $l!m

this is pound do pound the best run of 3.0. Seven straight sets of fucking fire. Not even BD had that. And Trey has been the MVP. Motherfucking Jedi is back.
QFMFT

I still hate that one effect he uses but the playings been so good this tour and especially this run that im actually able to get passed it 90% of the time now.

mistercharlie

That's a monster Mercury! I was really digging that just now while preparing dinner.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

runawayjimbo

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 03, 2018, 06:10:31 PM
Let's all recognize that he blew it in Weigh.

Guytue was a little rough too and I don't care. Dude is back.