News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

TWENTY FOUR!!!!!

Started by antelope19, January 30, 2006, 11:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Another great episode......I am beginning to hate president spineless, oh I mean Johnson.  CTU is taking matters into their own hands.  I like it, I like it alot. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

the guy who plays Pres. Logan apparently does an excellent one-man-show about Richard Nixon. I learned that this morning. I've been marveling at the resemblance all season.

antelope19

duh, Logan.  I'm an idiot.  Rule number one of fight club.  Don't post anything before you have your morning coffee!!!!! :-D

antelope19

That was some crazy sh&* last week, I am def. looking forward to tonights episode!!!!

sophist

*cuthbert in her underwear   :?  I wish........  :mrgreen: 

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

tet

amazing ending.  predictable that season 4 has to crimp on the awesomeness of season 5, but that was still hella cool... 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

sophist

season 7 update:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i54b0908a60497eb9db8bc893f4cc6828

QuoteJones moves into '24' Oval Office
By Nellie Andreeva

July 21, 2007
Cherry Jones has been appointed president on the upcoming season of "24," sources said.

The network wouldn't confirm, but sources said Jones has come on board the real-time thriller, the first major casting addition to the show's upcoming seventh season.

"24" producers had been contemplating having a female president next season for some time. (HR 6/22)

Their decision to go for it adds another wrinkle to the closely watched Democratic Party's presidential race, in which Hillary Clinton is the frontrunner.

Production of the 20th Century Fox TV/Imagine TV-produced "24" was recently delayed until August when a set-in-Africa storyline fell through and the producers went back to the drawing board.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sophist

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/02/AR2007080202057.html

QuoteEco Wise
Jack Bauer's Next Mission: Fighting Global Warming

Sunday, August 5, 2007; Page M03

From "An Inconvenient Truth" to popularizing the Prius, Hollywood has helped lead the way on some environmental issues. One of the latest initiatives: Cool Change, Fox's company-wide program to reduce the network's impact on global warming. As part of that effort, the seventh season of "24" will take steps to reduce and offset the carbon emissions from the show's production, with the goal of having the season finale be entirely carbon-neutral.

It may sound like a publicity stunt, but Fox spokesman Chris Anderson says the network isn't after bigger ratings. "We are publicizing '24's' commitment to climate change for two reasons and two reasons only: to inspire the public to take global warming seriously and hopefully to motivate other studios to make changes to their production practices as well," he says.

After all, shooting on soundstages requires energy-hungry lighting and gear, and going on location means using portable generators and driving trucks, vans and cars loaded with equipment, costumes and people. When production on Season 7 begins this month, the show's 26 diesel vehicles and five generators will run on a more planet-friendly biodiesel blend, which will start at 5 percent biodiesel and gradually increase, barring any problems, according to executive producer Howard Gordon.

The show's electricity bills will go toward renewable-energy credits that will bring a share of wind, solar and water power to Los Angeles's grid. A diesel-powered soundstage will be converted to electricity, thus lessening the show's contribution to the local air pollution problem, and the show's five location scouts will be given Priuses to drive. Scripts, schedules and memos -- which used to be hand-delivered by car -- will be sent via e-mail.

The "24" page at Fox.com now features energy conservation tips and a public service announcement about global warming featuring Kiefer Sutherland; more information will be posted when the show airs in January. Plus, climate change will be incorporated into the series' plot (which just might scare some viewers into taking action).

The extent to which the plan will reduce the show's imprint on Earth is difficult to calculate, but the measures certainly won't hurt; more shows and films aiming to reduce their carbon footprints could have a considerable impact. Some productions before "24" were green -- films such as "Syriana" and "An Inconvenient Truth" were carbon-neutral, as was Comedy Central's recent roast of Flavor Flav. But "24's" weekly visibility might spark a domino effect -- in Hollywood, Bollywood and beyond.

-- Eviana Hartman

Red Sea Pedestrian

Jack Bauer takes on global warming? What does he do, kill pollution terrorists? "Scaring people into taking action"?

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

This pisses me off on so many levels. Jack Bauer driving a Prius, being chased by 5 Irani terrorists driving Hummers...The diesel engine on the hummer combusts after being hit by a rocket fired from a eco-friendly RPG that runs on cockroach farts...

sophist

do you know how to read? 

seriously. 

Quote"We are publicizing '24's' commitment to climate change for two reasons and two reasons only: to inspire the public to take global warming seriously and hopefully to motivate other studios to make changes to their production practices as well," he says.

QuoteThe show's electricity bills will go toward renewable-energy credits that will bring a share of wind, solar and water power to Los Angeles's grid. A diesel-powered soundstage will be converted to electricity, thus lessening the show's contribution to the local air pollution problem, and the show's five location scouts will be given Priuses to drive. Scripts, schedules and memos -- which used to be hand-delivered by car -- will be sent via e-mail.

Bauer won't be fighting global warming, even though he could defeat it (in one episode).  It merely means that the increased heat will result in Bauer having an even bigger penis. 

antelope19

Quote from: phan003 on August 04, 2007, 10:14:30 PM

Bauer won't be fighting global warming, even though he could defeat it (in one episode).  It merely means that the increased heat will result in Bauer having an even bigger penis. 

:lol:  Well put!

Red Sea Pedestrian

Quote from: phan003 on August 04, 2007, 10:14:30 PM
do you know how to read? 

seriously. 

I could have sworn it said something about "climate change" working it's way into the series plot...I must have imagined that, sorry.

I'm still willing to bet that Jack will be driving a Prius at some point during this season.

Hicks

Quote from: Hicks on July 28, 2007, 06:44:22 PM
"And the worst part is, I never learned to read!!!!!"

I've been really enjoying Season 5, but I've only seen Season 1 so far.  Do any of the other seasons hold a candle to 5?

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sophist

3 and 4 are the best in my opinion. 

Hicks

Quote from: phan003 on August 10, 2007, 11:31:45 AM
3 and 4 are the best in my opinion. 

Better than season 5?  Impossible!!   :wink:

I'll check them out.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.