News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R1/W15: 07-11-2000 Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN

Started by jephrey, August 20, 2006, 10:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

Moby dick fest.

So why did I pick this?  It boils down to not thinking of anything else.  I am a sucker for breakouts and that chalkdust reprise was a nice treat.  I am also a sucker for theme shows so the Moby Dick reoccurances are awesome.  It's no wonder I loved the GRAB show with the Take me out to the Ballgame teases (If you haven't, check out the suskind hotel from that show, I finally got a re-listen and loved it).  This was after my hay-day (in fact a few days after my bachelor party at Alpine) and I was only making the 4 midwest shows.  I remember loving the first night, and thinking it couldn't be topped, and then being amazed that it was IMO.  The energy is excellent and it was a very fun show, especially for a summer 2000 show.

Here is the first set

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6aq1vd

Here is the second and encore

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i76wu2

Jedi said he'd do the shn/flacs for me (thank you much) so I'm sure he'll have those up soon.
|EDIT by jedifunk|
here is the shn link
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=29136

Piece

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

xanadux3

one of the my favorite shows I attended, deff the best of the 3 night run, which is usually the case with 3 night runs, the second night being the best... LIsten for all the moby dick teases in the hood intro also, I think mike trey and page each take a turn with it. I like how the encore brings a little of each set back with the chalkdust theme and yet another moby dick. I remember fishman running laps around the stage durring the terrapin segment, good times!
and shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: xanadux3 on August 20, 2006, 11:26:27 PM
one of the my favorite shows I attended, deff the best of the 3 night run, which is usually the case with 3 night runs, the second night being the best... LIsten for all the moby dick teases in the hood intro also, I think mike trey and page each take a turn with it. I like how the encore brings a little of each set back with the chalkdust theme and yet another moby dick. I remember fishman running laps around the stage durring the terrapin segment, good times!

I was on the rail for the second set of this show, and the look on Fish's face alone at the start of each Moby Dick tease was worth the price of admission alone.  I think it was a private joke at Fish's expense.

jedifunk

yeah, i'll get that seeded tomorrow mid morning.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

katzie

I must say, if anything it lacks the mystery of previous shows since it's one of the higher profile performances of the year. Still an excellent choice though..

jedifunk

yeah, but i feel like this show gets lost in the shuffle sometimes... although that could just be me... i kinda found this whole creek run to be a tad dissapointing overall.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: jedifunk on August 21, 2006, 10:08:02 AM
yeah, but i feel like this show gets lost in the shuffle sometimes... although that could just be me... i kinda found this whole creek run to be a tad dissapointing overall.

Me too... I did Alpine-->Columbus and I'd have to say that Alpine and the second night of Deer Creek were the only shows that did "IT" for me. 

And yes, I know a bunch of people love the Columbus shows, but I didn't like them live, and I still don't like them now.  I gave the "horrendous" Down With Disease from Columbus another listen when it was the DD, and yup, it still bored me to sleep.

This show was a "special" night, however.  Truly one of the most fun shows I've seen.

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

anyone see this listed in the etree tracker?  i can see peeps are connected to me and that i'm seeding, but its still not showing up on the main page...
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

August

Quote from: jedifunk on August 21, 2006, 04:54:57 PM
anyone see this listed in the etree tracker?  i can see peeps are connected to me and that i'm seeding, but its still not showing up on the main page...

its up.
a

jedifunk

mmm, why the fuck cant i see it?  and i'm not on the computer seeding it, i'm at work.  gggrrr all these changes are getting to me!
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

August

Quote from: jedifunk on August 21, 2006, 05:02:43 PM
mmm, why the fuck cant i see it?  and i'm not on the computer seeding it, i'm at work.  gggrrr all these changes are getting to me!

i definitely see it, but lately, if i am seeding a show, it doesnt show up for me if i am looking under the phish column.but it shows up if i just go through all the pages with all the artists.
also, has etree been real slow to load lately?
and sometimes do you receive an error when loading it?
a

jedifunk

yeah, its been slow for me lately.. but again, i'm on a different machine with a different IP so i would think it should show up...

also, you used ot be able to click on the title Phish and it would go to the phish only page, now its set to category=0 which is nothing, when it should point to category=5
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

August

well it shows you are on with 6 peers and one at 17% already.
a