News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"Big" Phish announcement on Friday

Started by mattstick, December 13, 2006, 06:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Where did the emphasis on "Big" derive from?
If it is a DVD do you think they have ample time to deliver before Xmas or even NYears?

mattstick

Quote from: susep73 on December 14, 2006, 10:54:29 AM
Where did the emphasis on "Big" derive from?
If it is a DVD do you think they have ample time to deliver before Xmas or even NYears?

No, that's why i think it's a livephish.com release of the NYE96 run.

DoW

Quote from: Marmar on December 14, 2006, 10:11:50 AM
I'm keeping my mouth shut.......
damn you and your classified information.
I already tried proclaiming this as the Winter of Marmar.  maybe Phish will be making it an official announcement.

that will make:
The Summer of George
The Winter of Marmar
and
The Fall of Michael Richards

Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

nab

I'd be happy with a livephish.com release.  A new dvd would be sweet, but, in all honesty, I listen to music a lot more often than I watch it on tv.

OctopusRider

Maybe it's outtakes and alternates from Crimes Of The Mind (The Dude of Life and Phish)!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

"Da-a-ah-lia! Da-a-ah-lia!"

August

Quote from: OctopusRider on December 14, 2006, 02:12:28 PM
Maybe it's outtakes and alternates from Crimes Of The Mind (The Dude of Life and Phish)!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

"Da-a-ah-lia! Da-a-ah-lia!"

i really love that album!
seriously!
i'm gonna crank it today, as a matter of fact....
a

VA $l!m

you WOuld like that album... you WOuld...
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mattstick

"The rumor" over at Phishposters is that Phish will reunite @ Bonnaroo '07.

"Believe it if you need it, or leave it if you dare"

jedifunk

phish has no reason to play bonaroo... if its a festi they want, they make their own
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

Quote from: jedifunk on December 14, 2006, 03:04:05 PM
phish has no reason to play bonaroo... if its a festi they want, they make their own

It's a helluva lot easier just to show up and play Bonnaroo than it is to get the Phish festival team back together.  I'm not saying I like or endorse this rumor, but that angle I can see...

phil

bonnaroo does seem like the ideal place to reunite, but jedi has a point, reuniting there would seriously FLOOD the place with phans (nothing wrong with that), but it would probably also overshadow the other performers.

with regards to a reunion idea, i love the optimism and i can only hope for the best. if/when they get back together, it probably will be something big like bonnaroo, or possibly another NYE show like 12/31/02. another option (and by far my favorite) would be for it to be unannounced. thoughts anyone?
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mattstick

Hampton, Shoreline or Deer Creek would all be better places to reunite than Bonnaroo, imo.

I don't really care that tickets would be tough - that never stopped me before.

None of this better happen before 2010 though, or I'll be pissed.

antelope19

Bonnaroo Superjam: Featuring Trey, Mike Jon, Page.  You heard it first here!!!! :roll:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-