News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Goopy Live Phish CDs

Started by natronzero, December 13, 2007, 12:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natronzero

Broke out my copy of LP-1 (12-14-95) for the first time in a while today and the CDs and folding sleeve have this clear sticky goopy crap all over them. And I've noticed the same thing with a couple other sets in the series over the last year or so.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Is the packaging disintegrating?
It's both sides of the CDs too, not just the side that touches the plastic.
:?
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

antelope19

I think this has happened to people here before.  Gumbo maybe???
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

willsteele

I noticed that when I bought 10/31/96 about a year ago.  Thought there was something wrong with my cd player.  hmmm
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

OlfactoryHue

i've heard many reports of this from other people
"What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average asshole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it." Randle Patrick McMurphy

natronzero

OK, I just found this thread.
http://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,4961.15.html

So it does seem to happen. That's weird though, I'm pretty good with my CDS, I haven't left them in the sun or anything. And these have all been ones I bought back in 2001 when they came out so they weren't like that when I bought them like Gumbo's.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

cactusfan

happened to me too. bought them back in the day, they were fine. eventually they turned to goo.

Gumbo72203

yup.  i bought 9/14/00 Darien Lake three times.  Each one had the goop in it.  I still haven't listened to that show yet.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

nab

blatboom

wow that's crazy, I've got them all and many have had that problem.  shouldn't have used those sleeves  :frustrated:

jephrey

Could it have happened while listening to the show?  The goop?  :-D
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

rowjimmy

You guys made me go check my binder...
All of my Livephish cds are good.. I also have all of my official Phish albums in there and no problems.

hoodie22

theres some goop on a few of mine....buts that probably from the laundry detergent that spilled, while i was moving...or a special treat from my ex boyfriend   :wink:

nab

Quote from: hoodie22 on December 13, 2007, 09:55:03 PM
theres some goop on a few of mine....buts that probably from the laundry detergent that spilled, while i was moving...or a special treat from my ex boyfriend   :wink:

Sounds like he liked them also. :-D

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 13, 2007, 09:46:44 PM
You guys made me go check my binder...
All of my Livephish cds are good..

Ditto, I wonder why some of them are OK but others aren't. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

nab

None of the ones I got back in the day were damaged, only the LP15 I bought last year.