News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Star Wars

Started by redrum, December 30, 2007, 05:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Mr Minor on November 15, 2008, 02:40:57 PM
Quote from: Bobafett on November 15, 2008, 12:07:56 PM
i wrote a 12 page paper on it in college!  can you say A-?

Nice!  What a great thesis to discuss in a paper.

i missed this.
at the time, he was registered with claim to engineering, but my brother spent his entire semester in English (last fall) weighing the pros and cons of light sabers, explaining what they are and how they work, IF there was a possibility for them to be produced in reality, and so forth.

he got an A.

(i think i need to get him to send me that paper.... i'd like to read it)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Mr Minor

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on January 29, 2010, 12:05:09 PM
Quote from: Mr Minor on November 15, 2008, 02:40:57 PM

Nice!  What a great thesis to discuss in a paper.

i missed this.
at the time, he was registered with claim to engineering, but my brother spent his entire semester in English (last fall) weighing the pros and cons of light sabers, explaining what they are and how they work, IF there was a possibility for them to be produced in reality, and so forth.

he got an A.

(i think i need to get him to send me that paper.... i'd like to read it)

I will be first in line to buy one.  I plan on carving my Thanksgiving turkey with that bad boy as soon as I get one.

Multibeast12

I'm doin that shit tonight. I have to do a research paper on star wars and how it relates to mythology. Best paper i've ever had to do. And those episodes I-III suck so much. What was Lucas thinking when he decided to add Jar Jar binks. And that awful scene at the end of the III one when vader just yells no. That was so bad IMO. Like dam he lost his touch.

khalpin

I stumbled on this randomly last week.  It's a fan-made film called Deleted Magic that has TONS of deleted scenes, original scenes without the voice overs, special effects, behind the scenes, etc.  A definite "must see" for any Star Wars fan.  Apparently it's been around for years.  I'd never heard of it before.

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1658947/27721645/

Apparently there is one for Empire and Return of the Jedi, as well, but there aren't any seeders.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

kellerb

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 06, 2011, 05:44:23 PM
HA!

HAHA, T-shirt, your jedi mindtricks won't work on me

cactusfan

VA $l!m

all i know is you couldnt pay me to watch the 3d remakes of EP 1-3. now. i literally hate those movies at this point.
on the other hand i think the CLone Wars series on cartoon netowrk is the best thing since sliced bread. theyve really stepped up the maturity level the last season and its just incredible all around. by far the best star wars media after the original movies.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

kellerb

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

cactusfan

Imperial hippie transport:

mistercharlie

Check out this fan made video. For being fan made it's really good animation. It's just a short little space battle, but it's worth watching. I'd love to see more from this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tBM2ZfncoU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

QuoteStar Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

More details here: http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/05/20/star-wars-rebels-pilot-to-launch-on-disney-channel/

VA $l!m

after a nauseating 5 min catch of attack of the clones last night i have determined for 100% fact that Hayden christensen or whateer th fuk hsi name is , is the worst actor of the last 100years. i hate him passionately.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

khalpin

Quote from: VA $l!m on May 26, 2013, 06:17:42 PM
after a nauseating 5 min catch of attack of the clones last night i have determined for 100% fact that Hayden christensen or whateer th fuk hsi name is , is the worst actor of the last 100years. i hate him passionately.
While it may be one of the worst performances ever, I wouldn't put much weight into a movie that was directed by George Lucas.  After all you've got Oscar winner Natalie Portman and nominees Liam Neeson and Sam Jackson looking like a bunch of idiots up there.

That being said, he may be a horrible actor after all.  I haven't seen him in anything else.  I can just envision Lucas saying, "Let's try it again, but try to be more annoying.  We want the audience to dislike you."