News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

internet radio

Started by jedifunk, March 27, 2008, 03:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edemille

I listen to internet radio for holiday music around xmas time...and there's a couple of stations that I'll throw on occasionally through itunes...I'm a big fan of folkalley (listed under folk, obviously...and they've got a 128 stream) for weekend mornings while cooking pancakes and bacon with the little one...it's a great mix of all kinds of wonderful morning kitchen music...def. check it out...I've also thrown on a couple stations during a party for a lounge/bossanova/downtempo/chill vibe...check out Illinois Street Lounge (under eclectic)...there are a few others that are ok, but really my primary internet radio listening is folkalley...

redrum

Quote from: jedifunk on March 28, 2008, 09:31:29 AM
i have a nice collection of jazz now, but its got to be the largest genre of music ever, so you can never have it all... so simply having jazz playing and being able to see what artist, track, etc it is helps in tracking it down later.

QFT
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

bluecaravan521

www.pandora.com/ - adaptive internet radio that adjusts to your tastes.  Its okay, finds some pretty interesting stuff.
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

Marmar

www.di.fm

heh....good stuff.....

www.bassdrive.com

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

jephrey

I've also used pandora with good success, but I throw on the pod now that I got the iHome radio with my coke codes.  Thing is awesome.

I've briefly talked to nab about MT, but JW, I should mention that I lived in Missoula's college arch-enemy town of Bozeman for 5.5 years of college.  I visited Missoula once on the way to shows in spokane and portland in the fall of 96. 

I have to agree that MT is one of the best places in the country.  I plan to have a house there someday.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.