News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: August on June 15, 2018, 12:16:44 PM
http://modern-vinyl.com/2018/06/15/u2s-zooropa-achtung-baby-getting-reissued/

This is awesome. I was just thinking a couple of weeks ago how bad ass an Achtung RE would be.
Someone was listening I guess.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Nice got an Achtung OG, but need Zooropa.  Such an underrated album. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mehead

Quote from: Hicks on June 15, 2018, 01:47:04 PM
Nice got an Achtung OG, but need Zooropa.  Such an underrated album.

Agree 100%
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

I could use an Actung Baby.

Zooropa reissue will be awesome for me to ignore like every other release of the album.

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 15, 2018, 02:41:47 PM

Zooropa reissue will be awesome for me to ignore like every other release of the album.

We regret to inform you that your Brian Eno fan club membership has been revoked.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on June 15, 2018, 02:55:59 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 15, 2018, 02:41:47 PM

We regret to inform you that your Brian Eno fan club membership has been revoked.

:-D
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

I have to admit I never really liked anything after Unforgettable Fire.  I saw the War tour and the Unforgettable Fire tour, both at Radio City.  Kind of lost interest after that though I did see them in 98 at that Beastie Boys Tibet thing and they were OK.  I was really more of a fan of the first three albums.  I don't think I have ever heard Achtung Babu or Zooropa.  Maybe I would like them.

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on June 15, 2018, 04:21:48 PM
I have to admit I never really liked anything after Unforgettable Fire.  I saw the War tour and the Unforgettable Fire tour, both at Radio City.  Kind of lost interest after that though I did see them in 98 at that Beastie Boys Tibet thing and they were OK.  I was really more of a fan of the first three albums.  I don't think I have ever heard Achtung Babu or Zooropa.  Maybe I would like them.

We regret to inform you that your membership as an 80s teenager has been revoked.

Cmon bro, Joshua Tree? 

Anyway I love Achtung Baby, definitely had a big impact on me when it came out and I think it was probably very influential in terms of modern production techniques. 

August

Just pre'd from those Amazon links for $22 each.
Other sites have them up ~$35, so hop on before it goes up.

mbw

I'm gonna save my money and just put on the easy listening station.

August

susep

Quote from: Hicks on June 15, 2018, 01:47:04 PM
Nice got an Achtung OG, but need Zooropa.

Quote from: Caravan2001 on June 15, 2018, 04:21:48 PM
I don't think I have ever heard Achtung Babu or Zooropa.  Maybe I would like them.

I'm not that familiar w/ Zooropa but you should definitely check out Achtung.

barnesy305

R U talking U2 2 me?

PIE-GUY

It's weird how many times I've had the "when did U2 jump the shark?" conversation lately. Honestly, for me it is right after Achtung Baby. It's not their best, but it it's their last truly great album. There are no misses on it. Every song is up to U2 snuff, plus it flows. It's a great album. Zooropa lost me. I tried. Never got it. It just never rung my bell like AB and pretty much everything before it.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul