News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Kick A$$ Shows that you wont put in the club

Started by pnchundi, August 05, 2008, 04:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Greenfield Armory, 12/5/91....It's the shit, and will make it next round, if the club continues...SICK Tweezer and such a MONSTER Mikes- check it out if you've never heard it, you'll be plus k-ing me for sure  8-)  Also, what most (many) people fail to realize is that Mike's Song's from this era were played on the trampolines.....I mean,  they use tramps on YEM, but not during the balls out jam.....

Caravan2001

I've also thoght of throwing a PH show out there.....7/15/03 Utah is one of the best shows I ever saw, bar none....yet it gets no love....The Mr. Completely sandwich rules face

mattstick

I think that show gets a lot of love that it doesn't necessarily deserve.   :-o 8-)

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on August 05, 2008, 10:40:53 PM

I think that show gets a lot of love that it doesn't necessarily deserve.   :-o 8-)

see....you're one of the people I'm talking about!   :wink:

khalpin

I was going to put a couple shows in here, but as I look at the setlists, I'm thinking, "Why didn't I pick this show?"  Now I need to revisit them and see if I'll use one of them next round.

Hicks

12-30-93 Cumberland County Civic Center, Portland, ME

1: David Bowie, Weigh, The Curtain-> Sample in a Jar, Paul and Silas, Colonel Forbin's Ascent-> Famous Mockingbird, Rift, Bathtub Gin, Freebird

2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Mike's Song-> The Horse-> Silent in the Morning, Punch You in the Eye, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters > Weekapaug Groove-> Purple Rain, Slave to the Traffic Light

E: Rocky Top, Good Times Bad Times

One of my favorites, but a little too obvious. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

GBL

^^ not too obv obviously :P

QuotePHiSH
06-30-89
Pearl St. - Northampton, MA

Source: SBD > Sony D6 > Cass/0 > DAT
Taper: Kevin Greene
Transfer: Tascam DA20 mkII > ZA2 > SF4.5 > CDWav > SHN

Transferred by Jimmy Sellers (pjimmy@delanet.com)
Fixes by Ben Mohr (bmohr@udel.edu)
Seed provided by Daniel Ritchey

--------------------------------------
Disc 1:            (64:55)       
-Set 1-
1. Funky Bitch            (06:05)
2. You Enjoy Myself           (14:25)
3. McGrupp ->            (08:10)
4. Possum            (08:40)
5. Donna Lee*            (03:47)
6. Fluffhead ->            (13:36)
7. Run Like an Antelope       (10:12)

Disc 2:             (45:05)
-Set 2-
1. Walk Away            (04:27)
2. AC/DC Bag ->            (05:52)
3. The Curtain ->         (06:23)
4. Slave to the Traffic Light (08:11)
5. Bathtub Gin >         (05:21)
6. Mike's Song ->         (06:45)
7. I Am Hydrogen >            (02:20)
8. Weekapaug Groove          (05:46)

* Charlie Parker cover

this show/source kicks.. hard to pick pre 93 shows though
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Hicks

Quote from: GBL on August 06, 2008, 05:49:43 PM
^^ not too obv obviously :P

QuotePHiSH
06-30-89
Pearl St. - Northampton, MA

Source: SBD > Sony D6 > Cass/0 > DAT
Taper: Kevin Greene
Transfer: Tascam DA20 mkII > ZA2 > SF4.5 > CDWav > SHN

Transferred by Jimmy Sellers (pjimmy@delanet.com)
Fixes by Ben Mohr (bmohr@udel.edu)
Seed provided by Daniel Ritchey

Disc 1:            (64:55)       
-Set 1-
1. Funky Bitch            (06:05)
2. You Enjoy Myself           (14:25)
3. McGrupp ->            (08:10)
4. Possum            (08:40)
5. Donna Lee*            (03:47)
6. Fluffhead ->            (13:36)
7. Run Like an Antelope       (10:12)

Disc 2:             (45:05)
-Set 2-
1. Walk Away            (04:27)
2. AC/DC Bag ->            (05:52)
3. The Curtain ->         (06:23)
4. Slave to the Traffic Light (08:11)
5. Bathtub Gin >         (05:21)
6. Mike's Song ->         (06:45)
7. I Am Hydrogen >            (02:20)
8. Weekapaug Groove          (05:46)

* Charlie Parker cover

this show/source kicks.. hard to pick pre 93 shows though

Indeed, that's why '80s picks are best left to experts like myself.  :wink:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

pnchundi

is that the difference between type 1 and type 2 jamming? pre-93 things are just straight forward rock and then post they loosen up and becoming more willing to explore anything?

VA $l!m

--well, as far as shows i wont put in the club, thats an interesting question... and the problem mainly for me in deciding upon a show is twofold.
1. if course i hate picking a show that isnt under the radar  at all, but these days almost all the good ones are really on the map already in a way.
and
2. well, i'm also always sorta scared to put in one of my personal favs and have everyone shred it to pieces with their criticism...
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

blatboom

Quote from: VA slim on August 08, 2008, 03:54:55 PM
2. well, i'm also always sorta scared to put in one of my personal favs and have everyone shred it to pieces with their criticism...

Won't happen.  submizz that shiz.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

ned_ryerson

hi all, nice thread alex, i am back from my 2.5 week vacation and getting ready to get to my back log of reviewing, (when i find a shn converter my feeble mind understands) but one i would never put up for review is 12/15/95. it was my first indoor show and it just was so much fun for me, i would be afraid everyone would hate it and ruin it for me.  the Suspicious minds makes me  :banana: especially considering its a first set fish tune. and the rotation jam in the second set was such a treat! especially since they dont mention that the last part of it was fish on vaccum.

12-15-95 Corestates Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA

1: Chalk Dust Torture-> Harry Hood-> Wilson-> Maze-> Ha Ha Ha-> Suspicous Minds, Cars Trucks Buses, Bouncing Around the Room, Free-> Possum

2: Tweezer Reprise-> Runaway Jim, It's Ice-> Bathtub Gin*->  Also Sprach Zarathustra-> David Bowie, Sweet Adeline

E: Good Times Bad Times

*With instrument switching (Fish - keyboards, Trey - drums, Mike - guitar, and Page - bass).
wait..what?

pnchundi

ned_ryerson

imma dead ned!  thanks man  :mrgreen: was one hell of a couple weeks off, returning to work will be like, a vacation from vacation.
wait..what?