News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd. 3: Pulp Fiction vs. A Clockwork Orange

Started by cactusfan, May 18, 2012, 03:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

tet

Seriously, Pulp Fiction is winning?

Quentin wouldn't exist without Kubrick...  and the ultra-violence in Pulp Fiction wouldn't be possible without him either. 

no contest, in my book.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Mr Minor

Quote from: Lifeboy on May 18, 2012, 01:45:18 PM
Clockwork.

easy choice here...

Agreed.  Although I like Pulp Fiction, Clockwork is such a surreal look at ultra-violence in a dystopian society.  And who couldn't love the anti-hero of Alex???

Also:
Quote from: tet on May 18, 2012, 01:25:28 PM
Quentin wouldn't exist without Kubrick...  and the ultra-violence in Pulp Fiction wouldn't be possible without him either. 

cactusfan

yep, Clockwork is hugely influential, and awesome and original besides.

of course, Pulp was very influential too. i just don't think that overall it's as strong a movie.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

PIE-GUY

Quote from: tet on May 19, 2012, 11:05:14 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on May 18, 2012, 05:43:22 PM
Quinten would vote for Kubrick.

QFMFT

While that may be true, quinten would also vote for Dolemite over either of these movies. Doesn't mean he's right.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 20, 2012, 01:30:18 AM

QFMFT

While that may be true, quinten would also vote for Dolemite over either of these movies. Doesn't mean he's right.

yeah, not so sure about tarantino voting for kubrick.  i hear he once broke a leg trying to get over himself.

Superfreakie

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on May 20, 2012, 02:05:36 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 20, 2012, 01:30:18 AM

QFMFT

yeah, not so sure about tarantino voting for kubrick.  i hear he once broke a leg trying to get over himself.

hehehe. you funny.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

birdman

Paug FTMFW!