News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Right Now Im Watching

Started by ucusty, November 06, 2006, 10:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

i'm watching the collapse of Cable TV in real time, lol.

I realize most of you probably don't have Cable anymore, but as someone who gets it for free and generally doesn't spend money on streaming services it is incredible how just this year especially the whole thing is coming undone.

Outside of maybe network channels, all the other mainstay big channels like AMC, TNT , FX etc that actually had original series have basically stopped picking up almost anything. At most they will show a teaser of one episode of something that is on their streaming service.

I just looked up if Snowpiercer was coing back to Tnt for another season and apparently its finished but they pulled it from Cable to shop it elsewhere. It was literally their LAST scripted series.
done.

I've seen it coming for 5 years or more, but its official.
time of death 2023.
RIP channel surfing.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

emay

Dang yeah I usually only watch NBA on TNT or ESPN these days but that's through my moms cable account ha. Can't even get local nuggets game on local channels you need to pay extra for altitude network. 
Honestly Netflix is starting to decline these days. Series arent what they used to be and getting sick of all these documentaries on random social media celebs. 
Last of Us series starts tonight tho!

VA $l!m

Quote from: emay on January 15, 2023, 07:24:21 PMDang yeah I usually only watch NBA on TNT or ESPN these days but that's through my moms cable account ha. Can't even get local nuggets game on local channels you need to pay extra for altitude network.
Honestly Netflix is starting to decline these days. Series arent what they used to be and getting sick of all these documentaries on random social media celebs.
Last of Us series starts tonight tho!
yeah im excited for LAst of US. Gonna wait til all the eps are out and binge hbo stuff ive missed for a month.

the Cable situation just sucks mostly for my folks.
I wish i had the cash to buy them new tvs and set up subs for streaming and the whole nine, but its just so annoying that they pay $100 for cable that literally has a fraction of the content it did ten years ago.
It's just too much hassle for them to do on their own at their age, and not wanting to change their watching habbits to tailor streaming services etc.

VA $l!m

Dark Winds on AMC right now.
recommend.

anthrax

Really enjoying Winning Time - the Rise of the Lakers Dynasty with John C Reilly on HBO

VA $l!m

...NOTHING apparently since Disney's got Spectrum's balls in a vice.
Lost like a dozen channels.

I mean ripping ESPN away right before football season.. man, Disney really ready to put a stake in Cable's heart.
This has so many implications.