News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Page?

Started by xanadux3, June 13, 2006, 11:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xanadux3

In random conversation with other heads I have heard from many people that page doesn't shine as much as the other 3 members in the band, I've even met some page haters. Does anyone have any thoughts? :evil:
and shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite

jedifunk

what? are they smoking crack?  page rules!

there is no phish without page... i tend to believe that trey's guitar was too high in the mix in the early years, leading to page being lost in the sound...

but again, no page=no phish....
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

fauxpaxfauxreal

Fuck Dem Niggaz.

That's what I have to say.   :mrgreen:

Hicks

I think Page was the weakest link (not Trey) when they came back. There other peeps out there that agree and that may be the source of some resentment among haters. 

But pre-hiatus he was the man, especially in 93-94 and again in 97-98.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

tet

i don't think i've ever heard Page hit a wrong note... besides maybe one or two random ones in a Reba, but those don't count because Trey was too high when he wrote that song... 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

sls.stormyrider

I was just about to say the same thing - YEM, Reba, Stash etc Page was always right on, whether Trey flubbed or not. He always contributed to the jams, just a bit more under the surface.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Sarahdorabell

Trey definately was a big factor in why Page kinda got pushed to the side. Can anyone give me examples of Page rocking the house?   :evil:

disco

I know there's a Page thing listed in the db, with some of his finer moments, gimme a minute....
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Sarahdorabell on June 13, 2006, 11:30:59 PM
Trey definately was a big factor in why Page kinda got pushed to the side. Can anyone give me examples of Page rocking the house?   :evil:

Que up any Bathtub Gin from 95 or later....you will find him in rare form.

Que up 12/31/95 Weekapaug Groove....you'll hear it.

Just about any McGrupp features it.

Page rocks out with his cock out more often than not.  :samurai:

fauxpaxfauxreal

The Simple's from 11/21/95 and 10/26/96.

Just about any Suzy Greenburg. 

Find me an example of a song where page isn't rocking the effff out?

Sarahdorabell

Well, I'm not sure about the "rocking with the cocking" but... :banana: this guy sure does!

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Sarahdorabell on June 13, 2006, 11:38:50 PM
Well, I'm not sure about the "rocking with the cocking" but... :banana: this guy sure does!

It's alright.  Many a female is scared of the cock.  You are NOT alone.

jedifunk

try suzy 7/25/99 (little plug here for the show of the week)... page is all over this suzy, and it makes it a top version!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: jedifunk on June 13, 2006, 11:43:54 PM
try suzy 7/25/99 (little plug here for the show of the week)... page is all over this suzy, and it makes it a top version!

And it's also a great example of where audience clapping actually aids the tune!!!!

:samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai:

:beers:

Sarahdorabell

:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o