News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Pre Hiatus VS Post Hiatus Phish

Started by xanadux3, August 13, 2006, 09:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: mattstick on August 14, 2006, 12:59:02 PM
It was'nt until post-hiatus that I realized a lot of the charm of Phish tour was the people you were with...

Without question.  Summer '96 I had a blast because of the people I attended the shows with. Summer '97, while I liked the music better in some ways, I was with a bunch of jokers and didn't hang out with them for the first five shows of our part of the tour.  

Marmar

lol....that's a friggin weird thing man.....cuz again, it was EXACTLY the inverse for me......

I was bad on pre-H tour....sold drugs to make ends meat.....stayed in nice hotels (when we actually had time to sleep), ate well, and didn't "hang" in the lots (besides lurking around for custies)......PH though, stayed in nice hotels, ate well, slept (a lot), but I hung out in the lots before shows......

That is actually why I might be so jaded about PH shows......
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Itsnotanexperience

Quote from: jedifunk on August 14, 2006, 09:46:36 AM
i think your missing the point of this discussion itsnot... (or lack of discussion)...

no one is disputing that there were great jams PH, that can certainly hold there own vs. prehiatus...

easy back, have a cup of coffee and a donut and chill

i think i got the point - i just think i've run out of patience for micro-anaylzing pre vs. post................there were things about post that, to me, were better than pre, and obviously, a ton of things about pre that were better than post........in the end, it's phish, and i love all of it.

Forgive me - i promised myself no posting when in a bad mood..........and i shouldn't jump on new folks..............I think it's time I took a hiatus of my own.

Funk - it's been great brother - take care - your encouragement towards my muscial endeavors has always been super-appreciated.

jephrey - thanks for your encouragement as well.

Mattstick - always fun to here your input and killer stories.

August - love your band and your music - continued success in the future.

Phan003 - email me at blackclouds97@yahoo.com when you feel the tribute album is nearing completion and I'll re-up 2001 - best of luck w/ your band man - take care

VASlim - always a pleasure slim - we'll have to snail mail some more shows down the road - keep the faith man!!

Faux - will miss a lot of your insights - try to stay out of trouble brother!! (just kdding)

And to everybody else - been a pleasure hanging w/ all of you and discussing this or that............been a bad summer for me personally and i'm just not feeling like a good teammate out here anymore (let the violins roll, thank you) or that I'm contributing anything that hasn't been previously stated................so - hope the board continues to roll..............it's been fun.

Peace -

Scott

Itsnotanexperience

Quote from: Itsnotanexperience on August 14, 2006, 01:44:51 PM
i think your missing the point of this discussion itsnot... (or lack of discussion)...

no one is disputing that there were great jams PH, that can certainly hold there own vs. prehiatus...

i think i got the point - i just think i've run out of patience for micro-anaylzing pre vs. post................there were things about post that, to me, were better than pre, and obviously, a ton of things about pre that were better than post........in the end, it's phish, and i love all of it.

Forgive me - i promised myself no posting when in a bad mood..........and i shouldn't jump on new folks..............I think it's time I took a hiatus of my own.

Funk - it's been great brother - take care - your encouragement towards my muscial endeavors has always been super-appreciated.

Phan003 - email me at blackclouds97@yahoo.com when you feel the tribute album is nearing completion and I'll re-up 2001 - best of luck w/ your band man - take care

VASlim - always a pleasure slim - we'll have to snail mail some more shows down the road - keep the faith man!!

Faux - will miss a lot of your insights - try to stay out of trouble brother!! (just kdding)

And to everybody else - been a pleasure hanging w/ all of you and discussing this or that............been a bad summer for me personally and i'm just not feeling like a good teammate out here anymore (let the violins roll, thank you) or that I'm contributing anything that hasn't been previously stated................so - hope the board continues to roll..............it's been fun.

Peace -

Scott

Itsnot's final stats:

kharma:   19

mattstick

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do - we'll be here when you're ready to join the party again.

Hicks

Sorry to hear times have continued to be tough Scott, I hope it feels right for you to come back sooner rather than later as your input will be missed.

Take care and I'm sure things will be on the upswing for you soon enough. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

August

jedifunk

much luck and best wishes in all that life places in your path... you will be missed at the paug... and god speed on returning!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

susep

Quote from: Itsnotanexperience on August 14, 2006, 01:44:51 PM

Peace -

Scott

go in peace and love my brother, you'll be back(even if its as a guest :wink:).
Cheers to a being a good comm-unity member :beers:

susep

I like both era's and like someone mentioned, its the "evolution" that has kept me interested since early '94.

VA $l!m

damn itsnot, youda man! :mrgreen:

... & on that note, i think its time to play SOcom for the next 4 days of my vacation! :samurai:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

gainesvillegreen

Take care itsnot, hope to see you on down the road sometime!

jephrey

DAMN!!!

While I hate hearing that you're leaving, best of luck brother.

Don't know what else to say.  If and as other songs roll in for the album, we'll have phan let you know.

J

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Marmar

....whatever you do, take care of your shoes.....

be well

Arty
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.