News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rega P3?

Started by roggae, June 05, 2011, 09:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roggae

Anyone have one and have any pros/cons you wish you had known about before buying?
Clearly it's all awful.

postjack

I've never used a Rega P3, but I've read about them extensively. By all accounts they are an audiophile classic, as long as it includes the RB300 tonearm. A rega deck without a rega tonearm is just an expensive TV tray. Since it doesn't have much mass to absorb vibration, it is intended to be used on a wall mount. Not saying it has be to used on a wall mount, thats just for optimal performance. The sound is typically described as a little speedy pitch wise, but otherwise punchy and fun, a good deck for rock music.

I run a 1200 on my desktop rig, but have often considered getting a Rega for my speaker rig. The rest of my speaker rig is Quad except for my Oppo BDP-93, and I'd like the idea of all my gear being British. :)
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

roggae

Quote from: postjack on June 05, 2011, 10:01:26 AM
I've never used a Rega P3, but I've read about them extensively. By all accounts they are an audiophile classic, as long as it includes the RB300 tonearm. A rega deck without a rega tonearm is just an expensive TV tray. Since it doesn't have much mass to absorb vibration, it is intended to be used on a wall mount. Not saying it has be to used on a wall mount, thats just for optimal performance. The sound is typically described as a little speedy pitch wise, but otherwise punchy and fun, a good deck for rock music.

I run a 1200 on my desktop rig, but have often considered getting a Rega for my speaker rig. The rest of my speaker rig is Quad except for my Oppo BDP-93, and I'd like the idea of all my gear being British. :)

Right on. Thanks for the info. I think itll pair well with the zu audio omens.
Clearly it's all awful.

roggae

Pulled the trigger on the p3 24 today.
Clearly it's all awful.

postjack

Quote from: roggae on June 05, 2011, 07:39:28 PM

Awesome! Looking forward to pics and your impressions. What kind of cartridge are you going to use?
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

roggae

Quote from: postjack on June 05, 2011, 08:09:07 PM
Quote from: roggae on June 05, 2011, 07:39:28 PM

Awesome! Looking forward to pics and your impressions. What kind of cartridge are you going to use?

I'm going with the elys. What is your take on the TTPSU?
Clearly it's all awful.