News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: august on September 11, 2006, 10:37:36 PM
saw this yesterday.
anyone else see this?
i thought it was great.
a

Yeah.  I loved it.  I didn't completely love it until the ending, however.  The ending MADE the movie.

In other news, last night I finally saw THE DESCENT.

see it YESTERDAY! (like me!)  What a killer fucking movie.  That's how a horror movie SHOULD be.

jedifunk

have watched these recently

- my little sunshine.... great movie, funny as hell

- the last kiss...... depressing movie.  also be aware, watching this movie with your significant other can be EXTREMELY uncomfortable...  it deals with things unsaid & things thought, in a relationship, and how that can kill a relationship.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

flow00

"The Devil & Daniel Johnston"

It's a great documentary about a poetic genius whose madness merged with blooming creativity to produce some beautiful, horrifying moments. It won a few Sundance Film Festival awards. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

Here is the trailer: http://www.sonyclassics.com/devilanddaniel/trailer.html

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: flow00 on January 03, 2007, 05:51:09 PM
"The Devil & Daniel Johnston"

It's a great documentary about a poetic genius whose madness merged with blooming creativity to produce some beautiful, horrifying moments. It won a few Sundance Film Festival awards. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

That is a really awesome movie.  If you've ever dealt with anyone with manic depression in your life you will definitely relate.

mattstick

August

Quote from: jedifunk on January 03, 2007, 05:45:17 PM

- the last kiss...... depressing movie.  also be aware, watching this movie with your significant other can be EXTREMELY uncomfortable...  it deals with things unsaid & things thought, in a relationship, and how that can kill a relationship.

werd.
i fell into the trap, too.
hot chicks, tho.
a

phil

"Phil Lesh & Friends Live at the Warfield"
5/19/06 with john scofield and larry campbell on guitar, john molo on drums, rob barraco on keys and greg osby on sax. unfortunately, joan osborne is also on the dvd, so i guess if you hate donna (like me) you'll be dissapointed by that aspect of it, but everything else is killer. i highly reccommend
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Casey Lenahan

The Decent was a pretty good movie its boaring in the beging but gets you jumping at the end
I owe Aug $20

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

The Good Shepherd.
An excellent, well crafted, film. I look forward to seeing it again.

Unlike the Illusionist which I felt was predictable as hell.

OctopusRider

Little Miss Sunshine & The Devil Wears Prada  :frustrated:

Kill me now!  :samurai:

Caravan2001

Artie Lang's "Beer League"....I love Artie, so this movie rules...If you're not a stern fan, you might think it blows, but it is better than Benchwarmers which I shut off after 10 minutes...

gimmetela

antelope19

Last Movie I went to see at the theater: Bobby  The 24 hours leading up to the assassination of RFK.  Pretty good movie.  I really had no idea how much people were in love with this man.  Even if it was a movie, there is only so much you can embellish.  I'll admit it, I didn't know a whole lot about the story going in, but he was portrayed as someone who had the power to really move people.  Oh, and the kids on LSD made for some great humor.  It was truly an All Star line up: Sharon Stone, Ashton Kutcher, and many others who are slipping my mind right now

Last movies I have watched at home:  Hotel Rwanda  This movie was very thought provoking and very well put together.  Kind of reminds you of Hitler Germany, in that, they were trying to erase an entire race of people.  Sad, just sad.  It also really opens your eyes as to how other nations are really unwilling to help out African countries in their time of need.

Die Hard 2  CLASSIC!!!!!!!

Robo Cop  Isn't On-Demand a wonderful thing?  I just acquired it in this last month after never having the opportunity to use it and have been loving it.  Now for the movie.  Talk about violence.  I hadn't;t seen this movie in 10 years, easy.  I had forgotten that the guy who plays "Red" Foreman in "That 70's Show" was in it.  Pretty average movie, but also a classic.

I also decided to give Netflix a try.  We'll see how it goes, but the first movie in my "queue" is Walk The Line  I am truly embarrassed to say that I never got around to seeing it.  So I'll report back when I do. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

jedifunk

Quote from: OctopusRider on January 03, 2007, 11:00:10 PM
Little Miss Sunshine & The Devil Wears Prada  :frustrated:

Kill me now!  :samurai:

funny, devil wears prada was the other movie the wife picked up (along with little miss sunshine & last kiss)....

i thought little miss sunshine was great... and the parts of devil wears i saw weren't too bad... but also not that good either
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio