News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Decemberists Thread

Started by shoreline99, September 02, 2008, 12:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

making a run through the Hazards of Love. such a sick rock opera

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on July 29, 2015, 07:42:54 AM
making a run through the Hazards of Love. such a sick rock opera
I've been on that one on and off for a few weeks.

Love it.

Wish I could hit that Cap show but it's not to be.

blatboom

me and my buddy at the recent Cville show got hyped any time they played a Hazards song, so dark

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on July 29, 2015, 07:53:50 AM
me and my buddy at the recent Cville show got hyped any time they played a Hazards song, so dark

Seeing the full album at Charlottesville was amazing.
Listening to the recording on the drive home through a zero visibility downpour on pitch black country roads: terrifying.

blatboom

wait were we together for that? I saw a Hazards show but feel like it was at the National. I might have been solo or it could have been DC who the hell knows

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on July 29, 2015, 08:00:07 AM
wait were we together for that? I saw a Hazards show but feel like it was at the National. I might have been solo or it could have been DC who the hell knows

You were not at the Charlottesville show. I was solo. Pretty sure I texted you after about how awesome it was and how lame you were for missing it.

Then the storm hit.

shoreline99

I had tickets for the HOL Radio City show but had to cancel at the last minute due to a work commitment. Teh suck. I still regret that decision.

Wife and kids are going to see the Shelburne Museum show on Thursday night (all ages, outdoor concert, picnic etc.). Can't make that so I'm glad they added a date here.

In other unrelated news, Robert Plant added a Cap date on 9/17. Anyone want in? I'm gonna grab a pair of tickets if I can. Saw him there on his first pass through, it was an awesome show.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 29, 2015, 07:52:48 AM
Wish I could hit that Cap show but it's not to be.

You guys ever make it up beers are on me.  :beers:

shoreline99

Quote from: blatboom on July 29, 2015, 07:53:50 AM

Hey Blat - FYI that show is up on etree. http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=580247

blatboom

well look at that. thanks bud!

rowjimmy

DatBrad makes a good tape. Nice guy too.

gainesvillegreen

Really enjoying this band lately, their new album and their back catalogue. Learning some stuff of theirs too on the piano, probably will post June Hymn on FB and if/when so will bring it into this thread. Their NPR Tiny Desk Concert has been on the loop for weeks, and their latest was played out during a recent FL to IN drive.

Band brings a smile to my face.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

shoreline99

Setlist from the show last night:

The Singer Addresses His Audience
July, July!
Down by the Water
Hank Eat Your Oatmeal / Calamity Song
Make You Better
Eli, the Barrow Boy
The Island
Anti-Summersong
Summersong
Philomena
The Wrong Year
The National Anthem
16 Military Wives
O, Valencia!
A Beginning Song

Encore:
Prelude
The Hazards of Love 1 (The Prettiest Whistles Won't Wrestle the Thistles Undone)
A Bower Scene
Won't Want for Love (Margaret in the Taiga)
The Rake's Song
The Hazards of Love 4 (The Drowned)

Encore 2:
The Mariner's Revenge Song

My wife said that basically the first encore was a stripped down Hazards of Love. Pretty cool. Kids loved the show.

rowjimmy

blatboom