News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

Fishman rocked the plexi later on.
a

rowjimmy

The cost of centering up.

redrum

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 22, 2007, 03:35:34 PM
The Grateful Dead used them. It allows the other band members to not be overloaded by the drums so that other onstage levels can be controlled. For a quieter/mellow band like the Cowboy Junkies, it seems a natural way to tame volumes.

right. i was also about to add that the singer might hear the real drums and the drums thru the monitors simultaniously which can be confusing sometimes. the plexi-wall eliminates that.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

antelope19

Quote from: August on June 22, 2007, 03:36:50 PM
Fishman rocked the plexi later on.
a

Wait, really?  Now I am feeling a bit blind.   :|
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

antelope19

But I guess I am glad I asked, because I was thoroughly confused.  I really had never seen that before.  Or maybe I have?

redrum

Quote from: antelope19 on June 22, 2007, 03:58:57 PM
I really had never seen that before.  Or maybe I have?

or maybe you saw it so much that you saw right through it.  :-o :lol: :? :cry: :roll: :wink:

like this:

PLEXI-GLASS WALL

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

antelope19

Quote from: reddrum on June 22, 2007, 04:16:04 PM
or maybe you saw it so much that you saw right through it.  :-o :lol: :? :cry: :roll: :wink:

like this:

PLEXI-GLASS WALL

That is FAR to many emoticons for one post.   :-D

August

Quote from: antelope19 on June 22, 2007, 03:58:57 PM
But I guess I am glad I asked, because I was thoroughly confused.  I really had never seen that before.  Or maybe I have?

a

antelope19

But there it looks like it is only between he and page?  Maybe thats how I missed it?

August

Quote from: antelope19 on June 22, 2007, 04:30:49 PM
But there it looks like it is only between he and page?  Maybe thats how I missed it?

That's the last set-up, obviously.
There was a time where he was right on Mike (06-30-99 > ) and you could see the plexi right up on his piece.
a

antelope19

Hmmmm.....got ya.  Thanks for spelling it out for me.

Bobafett

Gunboat...this is my favorite local band, and you needs to listen to some of their jams on Myspace...i lost my virginity to playing in front of a crowd with them on Sat. night, but my monitor was so low i could barely hear myself...we did Werewolves of London, Porch Song, Lovelight, Truckin, Dead Flowers, and some other songs i didn't even know.  Yeah, i need a few more trials, but i fel like my chops are getting there.  If you got a second, please check them out and let me know what you think...
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

antelope19

Eastport-a-Rockin' on Saturday

This was the 11th year, my third in a row.  It's become tradition.  Basically, they shut down a few streets by the water and throw a big party!  But it's a local festival with about 25 local bands and a ton of local merchants.  Great food, beer, and music.  A great time had by all!

ytowndan

Tool  Chevrolet Center - Youngstown, OH

My first time hearing them live, let alone seeing them live.  I was really impressed, they jammed out their tunes way beyond what I would have figured from just hearing their studio stuff, and they had great lighting.  I was about 20 ft. from the stage, and got some good pics too.  I'll get them uploaded in the next few days.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

sophist

Quote from: ytowndan on July 02, 2007, 02:40:22 AM
Tool  Chevrolet Center - Youngstown, OH

My first time hearing them live, let alone seeing them live.  I was really impressed, they jammed out their tunes way beyond what I would have figured from just hearing their studio stuff, and they had great lighting.  I was about 20 ft. from the stage, and got some good pics too.  I'll get them uploaded in the next few days.
They've grown on me in the past few months.  I've been grabbing their shows off of TTD, and I have to say that their improv segments are somewhat interesting.  When they start the "soundscaping," it's pretty cool, but I have yet to see them live, so I want to see the lights that accompany it. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!