News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: phan003 on July 02, 2007, 01:18:01 PM
They've grown on me in the past few months.  I've been grabbing their shows off of TTD, and I have to say that their improv segments are somewhat interesting.  When they start the "soundscaping," it's pretty cool, but I have yet to see them live, so I want to see the lights that accompany it. 

Be prepared to shell out over $60 and deal with some of the dumbest fans you've ever seen in your life.

I wouldn't be suprised if they used DATs in their shows.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

They do have cool lasers that we could see at our camper @ bonnaroo.

sophist

Quote from: Hicks on July 02, 2007, 01:22:49 PM
Be prepared to shell out over $60 and deal with some of the dumbest fans you've ever seen in your life.

I wouldn't be suprised if they used DATs in their shows.
I doubt I'll go see them(they came to Atlanta about a month ago).  Mash pits scare the crap out of me, and I know my Phish shirt would just scream "easy ass whooping"
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hicks

Quote from: phan003 on July 02, 2007, 01:25:33 PM
I doubt I'll go see them(they came to Atlanta about a month ago).  Mash pits scare the crap out of me, and I know my Phish shirt would just scream "easy ass whooping"
:lol:  Mash Pits?  phan003= t00l custy.   Be careful of the bunk meth in the lots.   :evil:
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: ytowndan on July 02, 2007, 02:40:22 AM
Tool  Chevrolet Center - Youngstown, OH

My first time hearing them live, let alone seeing them live.  I was really impressed, they jammed out their tunes way beyond what I would have figured from just hearing their studio stuff, and they had great lighting.  I was about 20 ft. from the stage, and got some good pics too.  I'll get them uploaded in the next few days.

7-7-07 will make my 5th tool show.
it's a good time.
suprised me how calm the crowd really is.
and the first time i saw them, maynard pulled a jimmorrison.
back turned the entire time in leather pants. never saw his face.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

sophist

Quote from: Hicks on July 02, 2007, 01:28:42 PM
:lol:  Mash Pits?  phan003= t00l custy.   Be careful of the bunk meth in the lots.   :evil:
The music sounds heavy and sometimes has that grunge feel to it, so I assume that some people mash.  Am I wrong?  As for buying drugs, not at any show. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

sophist

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 02, 2007, 01:35:03 PM
mosh
the word is mosh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosh_pit

:oops:

my bad.  See I know nothing about it.  I'll stick to the hippie shit  :-P

Hicks

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on July 02, 2007, 01:30:51 PM
and the first time i saw them, maynard pulled a jimmorrison.
back turned the entire time in leather pants. never saw his face.

L

A

M

E

Bobafett

Tool does a great live show.  I've seen em twice and the last time in NOLA(2months ago) my buddy took his tape rig and appearently, they are tape friendly.  I love em, better than NIN...
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Hicks on July 02, 2007, 01:39:31 PM
L

A

M

E

never said it was awesome.
thought it was pretty silly, actually.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Hicks

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on July 02, 2007, 01:50:50 PM
never said it was awesome.
thought it was pretty silly, actually.

I would have been pissed, at least give the kids a show for their money.  I saw them once, they had a gong on stage, not sure if they ever used it though.   

Aenima is a great album though, but their recent stuff bores me.  To each their own though.

Anyone want to take this off my hands?   :evil:

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Hicks on July 02, 2007, 01:55:54 PM
I would have been pissed, at least give the kids a show for their money.  I saw them once, they had a gong on stage, not sure if they ever used it though.   

Aenima is a great album though, but their recent stuff bores me.  To each their own though.

Anyone want to take this off my hands?   :evil:

i was a little too .. well outta my head to care... but i do remember wondering why he was doing it.
heh, undertow.opiate.aenima.... good stuff.... THAT picture reminds me why i stopped listening for a while.
still havne' tpicke dup 10,000 tho... kinda scared.

Hicks

10,000 days?  Put it this way, they use the Frampton talk box and sounds of nature thunderstorm effects.  Pretty laughable if you axe me.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Hicks on July 02, 2007, 02:04:09 PM
10,000 days?  Put it this way, they use the Frampton talk box and sounds of nature thunderstorm effects.  Pretty laughable if you axe me.

yeah i had heard so many mixed feelings about it.
still not too sure.

but i'm taking my brother to his first show that night.7/7
he's pretty excited.

he's just never been to big on live music... he listens to rap pretty much.
but he likes tool, so big sister got him tickets for the birfday and he asked me to go.
i thought that was sweet