News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: phan003 on September 11, 2007, 05:02:58 PM
Did they play a straight cover or trance it up? 

they play the cover then they usually go into a trans jam lol
I owe Aug $20

CRAZYED

Wilco @ the overture center of the arts in madison tonight (9/11).  Best venue ever.  Show was pretty good, not a huge wilco fan personally but i did enjoy the show.

antelope19

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals-  Go see this band, seriously.  Not only is Grace hot, but she's talented and has one hell of a voice.  Her supporting cast are no slouches either.  She plays again tonight at the 8 x 10.

GO SEE THIS BAND, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

They're opening a shit-ton of Mule shows this Fall...

gimmetela

yeah, thanks to shoreline, i have really gotten into GP&N.

her voice is powerful. 

antelope19

Quote from: gimmetela on September 12, 2007, 10:01:36 AM
yeah, thanks to shoreline, i have really gotten into GP&N.

her voice is powerful. 

That's an understatement.  I saw her at All Good, and was impressed, but seeing her outside is way different than seeing her in a small room like the 8 x 10, formerly known as the funkbox.  She was great!

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 12, 2007, 09:59:31 AM
They're opening a shit-ton of Mule shows this Fall...

Well then that should be a good excuse for many to see her.  I'll have to check the Mule tour, that would be a fun show to attend.

gimmetela

just got home from my first railroad earth show. 

talk about a lot of fun.  they got bumped from their original june date so that the smashing pumpkins could play for a week at the orange peel...so needless to say there was a short SP tribute..."despite all my rage i am still just a rat in a cage"...bluegrass style.  priceless

mopper_smurf

Josh Ritter
2007/09/10
Melkweg, Amsterdam

They are processing the webcast for the fabchannel.com archive.

http://www.fabchannel.com/josh_ritter_2007

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

CRAZYED

Umphrey's McGee
9/13/2007
Orpheum Theater - Madison, WI

Set 1: Much Obliged > Utopian Fir > Mulche's Odyssey, Alex's House, End of the Road@, Example 1
Set 2: Blue Echo*>Walletsworth>"Jimmy Stewart"^>Blue Echo, I Want You (She' So Heavy)>Partyin' Peeps>#5>"Jimmy Stewart"&, Smell the Mitten
Encore: All in Time%>Mercy Mercy Mercy>All in Time

Notes:
@ = rock version (first time played)
* = with intro jam containing "In a Silent Way" teases
^ = with lyrics
& = with "Partyin' Peeps" teases
% = with "Bob" teases

Normally I am very much on the ANTI UM TRAIN, i've driven that train many times actually.  But tonight they were playing a block from my apartment, some friends were coming that i hadnt seen in a while and i had a photo pass, so i decided to go and I enjoyed it for the most part.  Pretty solid show and more enjoyable than the past 20 or so i've seen since 2000.  All my pics here...

http://picasaweb.google.com/medlhuber/UmphreysMcGee02/

rowjimmy

Quote from: CRAZYED on September 14, 2007, 01:39:22 AM
Umphrey's McGee
9/14/2007
Orpheum Theater - Madison, WI

shouldn't that date be 9/13? or did the show start after midnight this morning?

Pretty cool they teases In A Silent Way. A tip to the late Joe Zawinul, perhaps?

CRAZYED

Ah yes typo on the date thanks RJ.

I heard 2 great quotes last night.  One was from the security guard working one of the isles just in front of the pit at the end of the show before the encore break...."I am fried you wouldn't believe the contact buzz i've got going on right now its out of control".  The other was from some umw00k kid that claimed "phish is the biggest mediocre jamband that ever played and their music has no energy" and that umphreys is just such a better band, i started laughing because i knew what his answer would be for my question of how many times did he see phish and his response was "never".

rowjimmy

Some things tape can't capture.

danje

Awesome pictures. I'm digging the guitarist's PRS.