News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

looks like they played 2 "second sets"
can't wait to hear this one
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Bobafett

I guess i am going to have to put aside my personal feelings and just go see them...that set looks hawt.  and you guys all agree they are on, so there. Its official.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Casey Lenahan

I hope Phil keeps the same lineup for his next tour so they are all familar with each other, will make for some more interesting jams. Or get Larry Cambel out of there.
I owe Aug $20

phg

I saw the Zen Tricksters last night in Bend, Oregon.  It was dope.  I'd never seen them before so I was skeptical about paying 15 bucks, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The price may have shot up because I heard the band had trouble getting over the mountain pass from Eugene with all this damn snow out here.

anyway they closed the first set with Fire on the Mountain-->Music Never Stopped.  This was the best Music Never Stopped I'll probably ever see live.  I know that's kinda sad but oh well.   :banana: :syf:    The guy playing "Jerry" was shredding nicely.

they also played China cat-->Rider, Jack-a-Roe, Let it Grow in the second set, mixed in with some originals that weren't half bad at all.  And I called the One More Saturday Night encore.  Amazing call right??   :roll:  haha

so yeah it was good...probably the best show I've seen so far this year.

Caravan2001

Quote from: phg on February 03, 2008, 03:03:17 PM
I saw the Zen Tricksters last night in Bend, Oregon.  It was dope.  I'd never seen them before so I was skeptical about paying 15 bucks, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The price may have shot up because I heard the band had trouble getting over the mountain pass from Eugene with all this damn snow out here.

anyway they closed the first set with Fire on the Mountain-->Music Never Stopped.  This was the best Music Never Stopped I'll probably ever see live.  I know that's kinda sad but oh well.   :banana: :syf:    The guy playing "Jerry" was shredding nicely.

they also played China cat-->Rider, Jack-a-Roe, Let it Grow in the second set, mixed in with some originals that weren't half bad at all.  And I called the One More Saturday Night encore.  Amazing call right??   :roll:  haha

so yeah it was good...probably the best show I've seen so far this year.

I used to see the Tricksters back in the day....does Rob Barracco play with them still?  Phg, do you live in Bend?  I'm planning to drive out to Bachelor in the next few weeks, plus Deschutes Brewery is one of my clients, so I have to get out there every few months....

phg

^No, I'm just traveling out west here for a week or two, but I like Bend a lot.  It's just crazy we picked the snowiest week anyone out here can remember to go there. 

to be honest I don't know who Rod Baraco even is....I've heard his name but that's about it.  Maybe it was him.   :|

(and yes, Deschutes Brewery is the shit...I was there on Saturday gettin' drunk)

rowjimmy

Pretty sure Rob B. is full-time with DSO now.

I have a buddy who was big on the Tricksters more than a decade ago and, back then he was a taper and played me some seriously sick stuff of theirs. Total face melt Other One comes to mind.

I'm gonna have to get a hold of more DATs from him...

* rowjimmy wanders off to email some people

phg

Is Rod B a key player?  Because this version of the Tricksters didn't even have anybody on keys.  Just drums, bass, rhythm guitar and Jerry.

Still I enjoyed them just as much if not more than the couple DSO shows I've seen.  I liked the way they pulled off the Dead songs better, even though I can't really explain it much better than that.  I wouldn't really be interested in hearing discs from a DSO show, but I'm pretty sure I would with the Tricksters.  That says something I guess.

The couple segues they did were super tight too I thought, especially Fire on the Mountain->Music.  They also jammed out China Cat to the point where I thought they weren't even going to play I know You Rider, which I was impressed by.

rowjimmy

Ye. he played keys for the Zen Tricksters in the 90s then worked with Phil for a while. He is now in DSO.
He's an excellent player.

Caravan2001

something about that headband always bothered me though  :-D

but he's cool, and a good keys player

rowjimmy

The headband is odd.
He must suffer from serious head sweats.

Casey Lenahan

or pullin a Jimi. I actually talked to Rob after the Buffalo show for a little bit, real down to earth guy, and he signed my car!
I owe Aug $20

Caravan2001

from Rob's wiki entry:

"Rob has played music on both keyboard and guitar since the age of 6 and has been a professional musician all his adult life. For over ten years in the 80's and early 90's he was keyboardist for the hit tv show "The Cosby Show" and its spin off "It's A Different World.""

cleech74

Saw Citizen Cope @ the Recher Theatre. Towson, MD.

Nod to Radiohead with "Karma Police" thrown in the encore medley.  Good times.  Well behaved sold out crowd.

My girl and I wore beads.  We saw one other person sportin' Les Bon Temps.  Milf. :evil:

Gave a few away at the end of the night, to those that earned it. :-D

Denny's aftershow rules.  Its been years...
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

mattstick

Quote from: tehdead on February 05, 2008, 09:58:29 PM
I actually talked to Rob and he signed my car!

That is awsome.