News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Bustle in your Hedgerow @ the Abbey Pub, in the north-side of Chicago...

what a fun night!
the opening band was pretty interesting... huge band... violinist (she, btw was SMOKIN' hot), 3 guitarists, another on pedal steel, a bassist, drummer, and vocalist...
cramped stage, but they maneuvered well... lots of covers with a few originals tucked in...

the duo was having a great time... i can't say that Marco stopped smiling ever...
those guys really seem to love what they're doing... they do it VERY well.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

cactusfan

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on January 18, 2009, 12:08:18 PM

what a fun night!
the opening band was pretty interesting... huge band... violinist (she, btw was SMOKIN' hot), 3 guitarists, another on pedal steel, a bassist, drummer, and vocalist...
cramped stage, but they maneuvered well... lots of covers with a few originals tucked in...

the duo was having a great time... i can't say that Marco stopped smiling ever...

awesome. glad you decided to see them. such a fun show.

in feb. marco is playing four shows in four weeks at yoshi's in oakland (across the bay from me). one week it's marco, skerik, billy martin and another drummer. another week he's with a few different musicians doing all neil young songs. definitely going to check out at least one of these...

jachapma

what a fun night!

Had the chance to see them in Chicago in 2006 as a Lollapalooza late-night set.  Brendan Bayliss was on guitar as their regular guitarist was not available.  If anyone is on the fence about a Bustle show you should pull the trigger.  I've got a SBD of the 2006 show somewhere.  If I don't post it soon PM me and remind me.  It's pretty nice.
Still on UM tour.  Don't hold it against me.

jachapma

Found it on the Archive actually.  Here's Bustle in your Hedgerow 2006-08-06 at the Abbey Pub

http://www.archive.org/details/duo2006-08-06.mtx.flac16

Hope your show surfaces soon, but this one is pretty money also if anyone's interested in hearing the Duo + other great musicians doing Zep tunes. 

Set I:
1. Jake S. Intro
2. The Song Remains The Same
3. Ramble On
4. Immigrant Song^
5. What Is and What Should Never Be
6. Traveling Riverside Blues^^
7. Four Sticks
8. Bring It Back Home

Set II:
1. Moby Dick
2. Over the Hills and Far Away
3. Fool In The Rain*$
4. Heartbreaker
5. All of My Love
6. Good Times Bad Times >
7. How Many More Times*
8. The Ocean

Lineup:
Marco Benevento (Benevento-Russo Duo) - Hammond B-3 organ, Wurlitzer, House Piano
Dave Dreiwitz (Ween) - Bass
Joe Russo (Benevento-Russo Duo) - Drums
Brendan Bayliss (Umphrey's McGee) - Guitar, Vocals

^ with Mike Keneally (Frank Zappa) on Guitar
^^ with Sarah Zimmerman (Paul Green School of Rock) on Guitar and Vocals
* Brendan on vocals
$ Marco jumped off stage to play the House Piano

catfish sean

ratdog - boston 11/8/08

playin dead - 1/18/09 firefly's, quincy ma (my home town)

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: cactusfan on January 18, 2009, 02:53:13 PM

what a fun night!

in feb. marco is playing four shows in four weeks at yoshi's in oakland (across the bay from me). one week it's marco, skerik, billy martin and another drummer. another week he's with a few different musicians doing all neil young songs. definitely going to check out at least one of these...
you swayed me. it was so good.... marco was loving life on that stage... i'd gladly go see him with just about anyone..
let me know about the other ones!!!

Quote from: jachapma on January 19, 2009, 12:17:39 AM
Hope your show surfaces soon, but this one is pretty money also if anyone's interested in hearing the Duo + other great musicians doing Zep tunes. 

there were two tapers, so i'm sure it'll pop up...

the abbey was a blast to see them...
i've seen youtube footage from your show...
that chick rockin' out with them is badass...
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

jachapma

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on January 19, 2009, 03:34:32 AM

I was blown away.  I thought being able to see Mike Keneally was a treat,  but PG's School of Rock is obviously bringing up some talented musicians.  I thought her voice was also pretty phenomenal for being 16 years old.

mopper_smurf

Don Airey Band last night. Had a nice chat with the man himself before the show. Don is the keyboard player for Deep Purple, and has played with Ozzy and most of the major heavy rock acts over the last 30 years or so.

Setlist (from the top of my head):

Spotlight Kid
Bad Girl
A Light in the Sky
Pale Blue Dot
Andromeda M31
Shooting Star
Endless Night
Rocket to the Moon
Love You Too Much
Ripples In The Fabric of Time
Big Crunch
All Night Long
Mr. Crowley
Lost in Hollywood
E1: Since You've Been Gone
Parisienne Walkways
Black Night
E2: Gimme Me Some Lovin'

Review and interview are up here:
http://blogger.xs4all.nl/werksman/archive/2009/01/23/440070.aspx
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: catfish sean on January 19, 2009, 12:21:55 AM
ratdog - boston 11/8/08

playin dead - 1/18/09 firefly's, quincy ma (my home town)
playin dead is a good cover band - I've seen them a few times and had a blast.

Last night at Berklee
The Joshua Redman Double Trio
Joshua Redman - tenor, soprano sax
Larry Grenadier - bass
Ruben Rogers - bass
Brian Blade - drums
Greg Hutchinson - drums

one of the most amazing performances I've ever seen
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sophist

I caught the Dirty Dozen Brass Band this past weekend.  Twas a kick ass show.  I haven't found a setlist as of yet, as I was kind of drunk and didn't bother to write it down myself. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mopper_smurf

Quote from: Sophist on January 23, 2009, 08:38:23 AM
I caught the Dirty Dozen Brass Band this past weekend.  Twas a kick ass show.  I haven't found a setlist as of yet, as I was kind of drunk and didn't bother to write it down myself. 

You didn't take notes or tried to remember? The people want to know, you know.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on January 19, 2009, 03:34:32 AM
Quote from: cactusfan on January 18, 2009, 02:53:13 PM

what a fun night!

you swayed me. it was so good.... marco was loving life on that stage... i'd gladly go see him with just about anyone..
let me know about the other ones!!!

just in case anyone wants to check out the show i was at...
pretty awesome time :)

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=521702

bonebo

Caught the Mississippi All Stars last night for the first time at the Urban Lounge in Salt lake City.  Good set, lots of interaction with the Hill Country Review guys.  Luther makes it look easy; he's a little dude but has a HUGE stage presence, damn fine show.
...sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own...

susep

Derek Trucks Band
6Feb.08
PortCity
Portland, ME.

sick show as usual per Trucks, many highlights, consistent playing throughout.  My personal favorites were a song that I thought was going to be Sahib Teri Bandi but segued into a new song and, an extended, ripping My Favorite Things.  Nice club atmosphere w/ around 650 peeps.  Bob Marley encore as it was his birthday. 

MiamiPhish

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on January 23, 2009, 12:42:51 PM
just in case anyone wants to check out the show i was at...
pretty awesome time :)

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=521702

I've listened to this show and it rocks!!!