News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Phishy69 on April 04, 2009, 12:08:20 AM
Weakerthans with the Constantines and 1Hundred Dollars.  Liked $100 and the Weakerthans kicked ass.  Constantines were just meh.  Great time at the show and left me wanting more of a Canadian band (Weakerthans) that for some reason, I've kinda missed out on.

the weakerthans are good times, live...

you make me want to bust them out and onto the ipod for the ride to school tomorrow...

thanks! :)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Casey Lenahan

U-Melt

Very interesting night! So the review: Good playing all night. First set was a little bit slow, until I sent Gumbo a TXT askin "wheres the synth, and the untz". Two seconds later untz untz untz which was two awesome songs played perfect and the songs just flowed into one another. So set 2 starts same way a little slow, but then turned into a dance party  :banana:. I was impressed by what they did.

GUMBO!!!!
I got you a poster, going to send it to you. O and FUNNY STORY, so after im waiting on a friend and I see the band loading up their gear and I walk over to them to shoot the shit and ask them if they are down to burn some real tastys, So George goes "yeah when were done, well blaze". They get done and I get down with the whole band and boy did they enjoy the green. Then I told them Gumbo sent me!! and George says "O Ya Gumbo from the boards, and started to laugh, YOUR FAMOUS EVERYWHERE GUMBO TY bro. Goodnight/
I owe Aug $20

Caravan2001

Checked put Crazy Engine last night here in Portland.  The show was great, I was really impressed.  I've seen Kimock 10-15 times, and I think this was the best in a long, long time.  His kid RAGES on the drums, and Melvin Seals kicks some serious ass.  I was honestly blown away.  Linked up with J.Phishman. who besides being a totally cool dude, is the only person I know personally that is going to the Fox- woot!  I also ran into a buddy who might have the last two Red Rocks tickets I need- double woot!

Check out the show when it gets seeded, it raged....

WhatstheUse?

saw the Bad Plus @ Berklee last night =  :-o

Basically spent 2 hours with my jaw dropped in aww.....those guys are amazing, especially the drummer.  He has such crazy touch and finesse!

There was a female vocalists for the second half of the concert and they played one of the most beautiful covers of "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd ive ever heard.

Bring in the dude!

whyweigh5.0

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

whyweigh5.0

and my last shows were thos Free The Dead sets in NYC on Monday
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on April 04, 2009, 03:54:18 PM
that was Wendy Lewis

yep, that was it.  I thought she had a wonderful voice.
Bring in the dude!

gah

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 04, 2009, 02:39:07 PM
saw the Bad Plus @ Berklee last night =  :-o

Basically spent 2 hours with my jaw dropped in aww.....those guys are amazing, especially the drummer.  He has such crazy touch and finesse!

There was a female vocalists for the second half of the concert and they played one of the most beautiful covers of "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd ive ever heard.

Saw them for the first time last year at Jazzfest, and felt the same way! They run a tight schedule there too, but these guys got a 5 minute standing ovation and they let them come back for an encore. Amazing, this is one of my favorites they do, called flim:

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Phreezer

STS9 in Chicago... it was meh
:phish: :syf: :phish: :syf: :phish:

PIE-GUY

Just got home from seeing the BOSS at the Drum in Austin... It was insanely good. I mean... I've seen Bruce before, but this was better than all of them. Some friends of ours flew in from San Diego (big Boss fans from Jersey, like me) and thought it was the best they had seen... Danielle has seen Bruce 15 times over 20 years and said it was the best she had seen. I mean, it was that good! 

Apparently, she and I were up on the jumbo-tron a bunch of times because of the hard-core  :banana: :banana: :banana: we were doin'!

My ears are ringing.

Goodnight!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

birdman

Noice.
Were you with Bruno?
Sounds like fun.
Paug FTMFW!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on April 04, 2009, 01:05:05 AM
Quote from: Phishy69 on April 04, 2009, 12:08:20 AM
Weakerthans with the Constantines and 1Hundred Dollars.  Liked $100 and the Weakerthans kicked ass.  Constantines were just meh.  Great time at the show and left me wanting more of a Canadian band (Weakerthans) that for some reason, I've kinda missed out on.

the weakerthans are good times, live...

you make me want to bust them out and onto the ipod for the ride to school tomorrow...

thanks! :)
No prob A&C, it was definitely a fun time and I hope to catch them again sometime.

And Pie-Guy,
Glad to hear the show was good, I'm hoping to catch the Boss in Toronto on March 6th if I can find a decent price on a ticket.  Never seen him before and have wanted to for some time now.  It's funny 'cause a lot of my younger friends ask why I'd wanna see that old fella  :-D, but I grew up with his tunes and would love to see how he pulls it all off live.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: birdman on April 06, 2009, 06:55:31 AM
Noice.
Were you with Bruno?
Sounds like fun.

Indeed, Bruno and Baldwin flew in for the show. We had 8 of us in great freakin seats. What a way to cap a great week, eh?!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Gumbo72203

Quote from: tehdead on April 04, 2009, 05:35:00 AM
U-Melt

Very interesting night! So the review: Good playing all night. First set was a little bit slow, until I sent Gumbo a TXT askin "wheres the synth, and the untz". Two seconds later untz untz untz which was two awesome songs played perfect and the songs just flowed into one another. So set 2 starts same way a little slow, but then turned into a dance party  :banana:. I was impressed by what they did.

GUMBO!!!!
I got you a poster, going to send it to you. O and FUNNY STORY, so after im waiting on a friend and I see the band loading up their gear and I walk over to them to shoot the shit and ask them if they are down to burn some real tastys, So George goes "yeah when were done, well blaze". They get done and I get down with the whole band and boy did they enjoy the green. Then I told them Gumbo sent me!! and George says "O Ya Gumbo from the boards, and started to laugh, YOUR FAMOUS EVERYWHERE GUMBO TY bro. Goodnight/

aaaaaaaahhhh hahahahhaaaa

i so rule   :-D
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Casey Lenahan

I still think they have nothing on the Biscuits or Tribe or Particle or Lotus, but I would go see them again for sure.
I owe Aug $20