News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: Hicks on May 15, 2009, 11:52:26 AM
Flight of the Conchords/ Arj Barker 05/14/09
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall

Great night of comedy and music.  Scored a sweet ass poster too. 

Awesome, how was Arj? I've seen some of his stuff on youtube, funny guy.  Did he just open with some stand-up or did he come out and do stuff with FOTC?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Hicks

Quote from: goodabouthood on May 15, 2009, 12:07:10 PM

Awesome, how was Arj? I've seen some of his stuff on youtube, funny guy.  Did he just open with some stand-up or did he come out and do stuff with FOTC?

He did stand up and then a little guest rap on Too Many Dicks on the Dancefloor, really funny guy and a great way to warm up the crowd.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Blaise

Quote from: Hicks on May 15, 2009, 12:13:05 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on May 15, 2009, 12:07:10 PM

He did stand up and then a little guest rap on Too Many Dicks on the Dancefloor, really funny guy and a great way to warm up the crowd.

That sounds sweet, I love that song and its likely my favorite episode

mopper_smurf

05/15 Lorentzschool

Opening of the new school building for my kids.

1. Lorentzschool song #
2. Pokemon Theme Song $
3. Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001) $@

# Performed by the school band - lyrics set to the tune of Long Haired Lover From Liverpool (Little Jimmy Osmond)
$ Played over the PA. Big thumbs up from my son.
@ To introduce Professor Lorentz ((18 July 1853 – 4 February 1928), Dutch Noble Prize winner (physics) after whom the school is named.
My daughter did not like it all that they used a taped classical orchestra. "That's not  :phish:" before going back to more pressing matters such as scoring ice cream.

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

blatboom

Quote from: mopper_smurf on May 15, 2009, 03:26:21 PM
05/15 Lorentzschool

1. Lorentzschool song #
2. Pokemon Theme Song $

# Performed by the school band - lyrics set to the tune of Long Haired Lover From Liverpool (Little Jimmy Osmond)
@ To introduce Professor Lorentz ((18 July 1853 – 4 February 1928), Dutch Noble Prize winner (physics) after whom the school is named.
My daughter did not like it all that they used a taped classical orchestra. "That's not  :phish:" before going back to more pressing matters such as scoring ice cream.

sounds heady!

antelope19

Quote from: mopper_smurf on May 15, 2009, 03:26:21 PM
05/15 Lorentzschool

1. Lorentzschool song #
2. Pokemon Theme Song $

:lol:  awesome.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

gah

^^^ Good stuff. What were the lots like?  :lol:

mopper_smurf

Quote from: goodabouthood on May 15, 2009, 03:37:06 PM

Champagne for the 'rents. And the kids scored cool t-shirts. No taper rigs  :wink:
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

blatboom

Quote from: mopper_smurf on May 15, 2009, 04:40:32 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on May 15, 2009, 03:37:06 PM

Champagne for the 'rents. And the kids scored cool t-shirts. No taper rigs  :wink:

I'll hold out hope for the SBDs to surface

postjack

TV on the Radio in New Orleans.

sweet ass show, me and the GF danced our asses off.  :banana: Go see this band if possible, and if you haven't heard them before, what are you waiting for?  the dawning of a new art rock age.  :clap:
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

gah

Coldplay @ VA Beach Amphitheater, last night.

I didn't know what to expect, since I am only familiar with the first 2 albums, and had never seen them before, but they put on a great show.

Favorite part had to be when they came out into the lawn, and did a 3 song acoustic set. Jusrt walked right off stage, up through the aisles of the pavillion seats and came into the grass about 20 feet from where we were sitting. Pretty sweet.

Only bad thing was the jets from the base nearby were flying over head all night long, literally every 5-10 minutes a deafening roar would pass overhead, it was so loud, Chris Martin even commented on it. That's when he got everyone to take their cell phones out, and got the audience to do a cell phone wave across the lawn to give the pilots something to look at.

Buffalo Budd

Is Elbow opening for this leg of the tour?  I know they are this Summer. 
I would be as excited to see them as I would Coldplay. 
I'm sure it'd be a great show regardless.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Quote from: Phishy69 on May 21, 2009, 01:15:32 PM
Is Elbow opening for this leg of the tour?  I know they are this Summer. 
I would be as excited to see them as I would Coldplay. 
I'm sure it'd be a great show regardless.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I don't know who the first opener was, cause we were still getting there, but Pete Yorn was the second opener, and that was pretty cool. I hadn't seen him ever, and also, am not familiar with a lot of his stuff, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Blaise

Quote from: goodabouthood on May 21, 2009, 12:29:42 PM

I didn't know what to expect, since I am only familiar with the first 2 albums, and had never seen them before, but they put on a great show.

Favorite part had to be when they came out into the lawn, and did a 3 song acoustic set. Jusrt walked right off stage, up through the aisles of the pavillion seats and came into the grass about 20 feet from where we were sitting. Pretty sweet.

Only bad thing was the jets from the base nearby were flying over head all night long, literally every 5-10 minutes a deafening roar would pass overhead, it was so loud, Chris Martin even commented on it. That's when he got everyone to take their cell phones out, and got the audience to do a cell phone wave across the lawn to give the pilots something to look at.

I saw coldplay around last september (got free tickets, they aren't my fave) but they did the exact same thing where they went to another smaller stage and I will admit I liked that little tweak in the concert.

gah

Quote from: Blaise on May 21, 2009, 04:14:55 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on May 21, 2009, 12:29:42 PM

I saw coldplay around last september (got free tickets, they aren't my fave) but they did the exact same thing where they went to another smaller stage and I will admit I liked that little tweak in the concert.

Yeah, they actually did that too. There was the main stage area, where most of the show took place. Then there was a side stage thing set up off to the side of the pavillion with a piano, and Chris Martin went over there and did a few songs just at the piano, then headed back to the main stage for more. And that in and of itself was pretty cool, but then when the jumped off the stage and just ran up the pavillion aisles and came into the lawn for the acoustic thing, well, that was when I was really impressed with them trying to connect with their audience.