News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

I saw Death Vessel at a house party last week.

They are playing small clubs in most towns and are on Sub Pop records.  Kind of cool acoustic/old timey/dirge like boogie tunes.  They were quite enjoyable for a house show, and very inspired.

I totally give them the thumbs up.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on September 09, 2009, 01:19:11 PM
Akron/Family 09/08/09
Bagdad Theater

Shit got deep.

really fun show...Unfortunatley, they did not come on until 11 or even a little later, and I had to bounce during the middle of Ed Is a Portal, which was just starting to take off....I bet the rest of the show was great....cool venue, tons of room and a good time kicking it with Hicks and Missus Hicks....

mopper_smurf

Eilen Jewell 09/11/2009 Den Haag, The Netherlands

She did a sweet cover of Shakin' All Over, with Jerry Miller on great guitar (with a Day Tripper tease thrown in).

More pix:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hctf/sets/72157622344145484/
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Hicks

Def Leppard/Poison 09/11/09
Clark County Amphitheater

They didn't turn on the PA on the lawn for Poison, but whatever I was drunk.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on September 12, 2009, 01:47:23 PM

:-o

alcoholandcoffeebeans

nice!

i'm still here... but i'm watching the Gin Blossoms for free about 3 blocks from my place... :)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Hicks

Quote from: caravan2001 on September 12, 2009, 03:01:22 PM
Quote from: Hicks on September 12, 2009, 01:47:23 PM

:-o

They turned it on for Def Leppard though. . . 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

blatboom

found this picture of Hicks on the lawn:

:beerbang:

PIE-GUY

Bela Fleck, Edgar Meyer, and Zakhir at Bass Concert Hall tonight. Best music I've seen in a long time. Amazing, really.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

fauxpaxfauxreal

Do yourself a huge favor and see Chris Thile's new joint "The Punch Brothers" when they come through Austin, P.M.  I saw them on their last tour, and it was some of the sweetest acoustic land tune time jammy neo-classical that I'd seen for twenty bucks.

Plus, Chris Thile hangs out after the show and chit chats/signs autographs.

Bobafett

yeah, i saw Chris Thile and Mike Marshall in Sedona, AZ.  Mind blowing.  all classical fast-ass good times.  and yeah, he's a really cool guy.  And for some reason, the ladies go  :banana: over him!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

postjack

Quote from: Sophist on September 09, 2009, 02:17:29 PM
Quote from: postjack on September 04, 2009, 08:59:39 AM

here's a shot of roughly where I was standing when I first saw Phish in 2000.  I was 18 years old.
I love lakewood.  I can't remember do you live in Atlanta?

Sorry for the late response.  Nope, I live in Mobile, AL.  I catch most of my shows in New Orleans (2.5 hour drive), then Atlanta (5 hour drive).  Though Mobile has been getting much better shows in the past couple of years then at any time in my life.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

FunkyBooRadley

Phish:

08/12/04 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ

1: Wilson, You Enjoy Myself -> Ghost -> Maze, The Moma Dance, Horn, Pebbles and Marbles

2: Piper, Sneaking Sally -> Cavern -> Limb By Limb, Julius, Rock and Roll, Scents and Subtle Sounds*

E: Lawn Boy, Frankenstein

Ratdog:

3/26/2008 House of Blues, Cleveland, OH

I: Jam > Cassidy > Dark Star, Weather Report Suite Prelude/Part 1 > Let It Grow, Lazy River Road, Greatest Story Ever Told, Women are Smarter

II: Peggy-O@, The Winners@, When I Paint My Masterpiece@, Tuesday Blues > Silvio > Tequila > Silvio > Tequila > Silvio > Scarlet Begonias > Stuff > Knockin on Heaven's Door > Dark Star* > Cassidy (reprise)

E: GDTRFB*

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 14, 2009, 01:06:40 AM
Bela Fleck, Edgar Meyer, and Zakhir at Bass Concert Hall tonight. Best music I've seen in a long time. Amazing, really.

sounds like a great show.

last night - Danilo Perez (Panamanian jazz piano player), Rudresh Mahanthappa (alto sax, sort of Coltrane goes to India) sat in for 3 or 4 tunes. great show
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

cimsm

MMW.  Variety Playhouse, Atlanta, GA
All Radiolarians material.  Great stuff.  Freal.
:clap: