News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Quote from: tehdead on April 23, 2007, 01:27:45 AM
i think Axel F is a cover because i've heard that somewhere.

beverly hills cop theme song.

newplanet7

Just went and saw MMW acoustic @ The Egg in Albany NY on the 25th
and in Tarrytown on the 26th. Loved it!
Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

sls.stormyrider

Ellis Marsalis Quartet
Devon Douget (?sp) tenor/soprano sax
Jason Marsalis dr
Jaon ? bass

hot show! great versions of Caravan, My Favorite Things

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

White_Bandana

Brothers Past on Friday night in Detroit

Gumbo72203

Hey Newplanet, how was that show?  I knew a few friends going; I had to work.  I'm not a big MMW fan anyway, but they're still cool.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Bobafett

Panic @ Orange Beach AL:  sat. nite only.
Good show, killa venue..this was the first show there, so the security was pretty tight gettin in.  I just am losing faith that panic fans are the "Good People" that i used to love so much...maybe i was one of the assholes when i was a bit younger, and older fans felt the same about me>?  At any rate, Herring is the shit...his tone selection for his solos are probably better/more emotional than even Houser.  I wanted to hear a sandbox/postcard, got neither:(  Oh yeah, and i went to my favorite bar in the world (Sanchos in Denver close 2nd) the Flora Bama, to the international Mullet toss, where drunkards get to toss dead fish across the interstate!  what fun for a hillbilly sonfbitch!  If you think that you may like to see them this summer, do it with some friends!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

cleech74

Quote from: Bobafett on April 30, 2007, 10:15:31 AM
  Oh yeah, and i went to my favorite bar in the world (Sanchos in Denver close 2nd) the Flora Bama, to the international Mullet toss, where drunkards get to toss dead fish across the interstate!  what fun for a hillbilly sonfbitch!  If you think that you may like to see them this summer, do it with some friends!

Now that sounds like a good time! :-D

Sounds like this would be right up your alley:

http://www.punkinchunkin.com/main.htm
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

cactusfan

The Good The Bad and The Queen @ the Regency in san francisco

they played the hell out of their album... and that was the show, the album, front to back. would have liked maybe a little more variety. like even a different running order, say. i mean they did a good job, but with a band that good, they definitely could have busted out something unusual. if they have no other songs, maybe even a cover of something that inspired them? 1:20 for a whole show is a bit short...

kellerb

Quote from: cactusfan on April 30, 2007, 02:28:51 PM
The Good The Bad and The Queen @ the Regency in san francisco

1:20 for a whole show is a bit short...

"You might be a jamband fan if....you go to a 'regular music' concert and think the end of the show is just the setbreak..."

sophist

2007-04-28
Van Morrison
Chastain Park
Atlanta, Ga

meh. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

huck

4-10 WSP @Benedum Theater. my highlight-Driving>Low Spark>ILS>Driving>Papa's Home

4-18 Keller Williams @ Mr. Smalls. my highlight-the first 20 mins.                                                              Thin Mint >
Apparition >
Scarlet Begonias * >
loop > Freakshow > Fire on the Mt.* verse/tease loop

just 1 verse of fire- did the lyrics to fs over fire beats.

CRAZYED

Robert Randolph & the Family Band - Orpheum Theatre - Madison, WI

10,000 Hours Charity Event / Private Show (200 people in attendence)

redrum

Quote from: CRAZYED on April 30, 2007, 07:25:54 PM
Robert Randolph & the Family Band - Orpheum Theatre - Madison, WI

10,000 Hours Charity Event / Private Show (200 people in attendence)

nice, i'm sure it was a great time.  did you notice if he still has the bald white kid on rythym guitar in the band?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

CRAZYED

Quote from: reddrum on April 30, 2007, 07:47:38 PM
did you notice if he still has the bald white kid on rythym guitar in the band?

I did notice that he had an african american man on rhthym guitar.

emperor_brian

4-14-07: Ben Folds, Ohio Wesleyan University, Delaware, OH

Unbelievably killer show. I've now seen Ben in one way or another 14 times, and this was probably my second favorite. It was ironic -- my friend and I were up against the stage and managed to snag a picture on his phone of the setlist taped onto the floor, and he changed so much of it on the fly it was nearly useless. That'll teach me to cheat  :roll:

There was a good 30 minutes total that was either storytelling/conversation, random, completely improvised songs or jams, or sections of songs that were stretched out in unique ways. For instance -- for those familiar with his music, during "Narcolepsy" the bass amp went out right before the last "I'm not tired" chorus build-up started. Ben kept the beat going, playing low pulses on his piano and new synth. The drummer kept pace, and a jam gradually built. Even as the bass came back on, they jammmed for a good minute or two, and Ben did an intense, tension-building piano solo over it that finally exploded into the louder "I'm not tired" lyrics without missing a beat. Wow.

Anyway, the main reason I ranted about that, for those who care, is that the amazing spontaneity and looseness like that in this show was the biggest motivator to get me back on my Phish kick. I was standing there in that jam with my eyes closed thinking "It almost feels like I'm at a Phish show"...and here I am. Again.
"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open." - Frank Zappa