News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

30 Days of Dead

Started by nab, November 01, 2010, 12:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Quote from: nab on December 02, 2013, 11:57:41 AM
Quote from: Lifeboy on December 02, 2013, 10:22:42 AM
I will always love the version from the 'So Many Roads' box set. Soldier Field '95, no?

Love it... probably bc it was the first version I heard, and one of the first GD ballads I fell in love with and really got me emotionally.

It is the one from Solider Field, though thoroughly edited for commercial consumption (they cut out some of the repeats and aborted attempts in the lyrical delivery).

There is actually a video of the whole thing if you are so inclined to watch it.

I love the version on the box set but always pretty bummed about the edits.  I think that's weak.  Still, I listen to it, but when I have my choice I go for the FOB Schoeps and listen to the actual performance....

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 02, 2013, 09:40:00 PM
I will always love the version from the 'So Many Roads' box set. Soldier Field '95, no?

Love it... probably bc it was the first version I heard, and one of the first GD ballads I fell in love with and really got me emotionally.

It is the one from Solider Field, though thoroughly edited for commercial consumption (they cut out some of the repeats and aborted attempts in the lyrical delivery).

There is actually a video of the whole thing if you are so inclined to watch it.

I love the version on the box set but always pretty bummed about the edits.  I think that's weak.  Still, I listen to it, but when I have my choice I go for the FOB Schoeps and listen to the actual performance....

Edits are pretty spot on for me. I hadn't seen that video before (thanks!), but had heard the entire performance a couple of times.
Obviously, editing/reduction with the GD is frowned upon, I'm with you that it is weak/bullshit, but Jerry is pretty ill in that video, and who needs to be reminded of that?

Vocally 10/1/94 is superior imo.

Nothing in the 10/1/94 version touches the solo Jerry takes beginning at 1:45 and ending 2:40 at Soldier. To be honest, seeing the video it is stunning he even has the wherewithal to pull that off.

Did they make the edits to fit the disc perhaps?
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Caravan2001

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on December 02, 2013, 10:06:04 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 02, 2013, 09:40:00 PM

Edits are pretty spot on for me. I hadn't seen that video before (thanks!), but had heard the entire performance a couple of times.
Obviously, editing/reduction with the GD is frowned upon, I'm with you that it is weak/bullshit, but Jerry is pretty ill in that video, and who needs to be reminded of that?

Vocally 10/1/94 is superior imo.

Nothing in the 10/1/94 version touches the solo Jerry takes beginning at 1:45 and ending 2:40 at Soldier. To be honest, seeing the video it is stunning he even has the wherewithal to pull that off.

Did they make the edits to fit the disc perhaps?

The edits were made to swap out flubbed vocals/repeated verse....

emay

http://www.dead.net/30daysofdead/nov-11-2015

Its back!

Some good versions here

Great UJB > us Blues today

music never stopped from the 9th is hot as well.

mistercharlie

I've been dl'ing them but haven't listened to any yet. I'm 3/4 of the way through my re-listen of  :phish: Summer Tour. I figure I'll binge on these Thanksgiving weekend since I get the whole thing off for once.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Nice. Looking forward to grabbing this when I can get the whole thing at once.  They are always great.

mattstick

I swear they sneak "Blow Away" in there every year.

mattstick

2 songs from 1994 this year, a gorgeous Lazy River Road from 7/31/94 yesterday and a smokin' Dupree's from the fall tour earlier in the month.

Caravan2001

Is there a link to download all 30 in one shot?

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

It's SO good!  They've done it again!  Not to mention, the Estimated from my all time fave show 5/4/77/. Goes to show they have a clean enough copy in the vault to master nicely.  Really hope that comes out as a complete show sometime.  And that Dupree's though!  F-yeah!  Good listening'!  :syf:

mistercharlie

Guess what today is!?!?

Day one of 30 Days of Dead....

Starting us off with a nice Dark Star > Brokedown Palace

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged