News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Gun Talk Re: have you heard about...?

Started by emay, July 20, 2012, 09:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 31, 2013, 09:58:51 PM

LOL @ suspending 5-6 yr olds as "a little jumpy"

But hey, what harm has ever come from a little irrational, fear-based policy? Nope, nothing ever wrong with that. Ever.

you came a little to close to Godwin's law on that one.

kellerb

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on February 01, 2013, 09:29:46 AM
Quote from: kellerb on January 31, 2013, 10:02:49 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 31, 2013, 08:22:21 PM
Quote from: EdBanky on January 31, 2013, 01:20:18 PM
I was suspended from school for four days back in the 5th grade for having a homemade "pen-shooter". Basically this little contraption could shoot an ink cartridge about 5ft. It was actually a pretty fantastic deal. My parents were more angry with the school and I got 4 days off to watch Boy Meets World "Shawn goes on Tour".

Not sure if everyone remembers the multiple lead refill pencils with a separate sharpened lead that pushed the next one up.
My friends and I used to use those as blow guns, shooting those damn things at eachother.  I don't remember even getting in troruble for that shit.
Old man'd  :shakehead:

heh, I totally remember those, and doing that.

They sucked as pencils, and were only slightly better as blow-guns/spit-wad-cannons

Bic pens worked well too.  But yeah those pencils were awesome!

PENS?! They didn't let us use pens until like 4th grade. They were afraid of our mistakes, I guess

mbw

Serial killer Navy Seal Sniper shot dead at gun range.

you think with all those trained, responsible gun owners around this would have never happened.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: mbw on February 03, 2013, 03:26:32 PM

you think with all those trained, responsible gun owners around this would have never happened.

It's just too bad Texas isn't more like Chicago, what with its strict gun control and its virtually zero gun violence.

(if we're only gonna make fictional arguments, I might as well play along)
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mbw

Quote from: runawayjimbo on February 03, 2013, 11:38:06 PM
Quote from: mbw on February 03, 2013, 03:26:32 PM

It's just too bad Texas isn't more like Chicago, what with its strict gun control and its virtually zero gun violence.

(if we're only gonna make fictional arguments, I might as well play along)

hey now i never said anything about the good people of texas.  i was referring to it happening at a gun range.
completely agreed the it makes little sense to try and ban guns in a single city or even state.
now, a full scale federal ban.....that i can get behind.
i will even compromise.  a handgun ban only.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

runawayjimbo

Quote from: slslbs on March 19, 2013, 10:54:09 PM
Harry Reid is a spineless douche bag

Would you rather a gun reform bill without the assault weapon ban pass or one including it fail? Would you rather make Ds in pro-gun districts vote for a bill that will fail (possibly putting your majority at risk) or have the bill fail on Ds voting no?

I agree wholeheartedly with your statement, though.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

VDB

Reid did say an assault weapons ban could be offered as an amendment. So if the votes are there, the amendment will pass; if not, it won't, but like Jimbo implies, the rest could still get through.

Seems to me we should applaud a pragmatic approach to dealing with divided government for the sake of actually accomplishing something, even if incrementally. Aren't we always complaining about how congress can't get shit done? What good would it do us for the parties to simply dig their heels in and stand 100% firm on immovable principle in every respect? For example, say, the House constantly passing the same budget they know has zero chance of clearing the Senate or the president's desk.
Is this still Wombat?

mbw

Guyute

Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

Guyute

Oh no, the NRA is going to give politicians for applying common sense to laws and doing what 87% of Americans are in favor of.  How will background checks help?  It's not like 9/10 guns used in street crimes were brought in by straw buyers.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/10/17694499-nra-threatens-to-punish-lawmakers-on-gun-control-vote-despite-deal?lite

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

VDB

Quote from: Guyute on April 10, 2013, 11:05:36 PM
Oh no, the NRA is going to give politicians for applying common sense to laws and doing what 87% of Americans are in favor of.  How will background checks help?  It's not like 9/10 guns used in street crimes were brought in by straw buyers.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/10/17694499-nra-threatens-to-punish-lawmakers-on-gun-control-vote-despite-deal?lite

QuoteSeparately Wednesday, Sens. Patrick Leahy and Susan Collins announced they'd reached an agreement with the NRA on gun trafficking language that will be included in the overall gun bill.

Oh I'm sorry, when did the fucking NRA become a member of the Senate?

The NRA is no longer a citizens-advocacy group. It is a gun-industry lobbying organization, full stop. The problem is, its citizen members don't realize this, and whatever the NRA says their members' position needs to be on a gun issue, they will follow it unblinkingly.
Is this still Wombat?

Guyute

Today is proof we have politicians and not leaders.  87% of the country, 83% of Republicans, are in favor of background checks and we can't get this done?  How the F**K do they expect to ever do anything?

sls.stormyrider

once again, an armed public isn't going to stop a guy in full body armor
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."